“Excellent dog husbandry.”
Review of Pesky Husky

Pesky Husky
Ranked #23 of 85 things to do in Scarborough
More attraction details
Owner description: Situated between Scarborough and Whitby in the North York Moors National Park, Pesky Husky is a unique experience for any visitor. A family-run business with over 30 years of experience of the breed, Pesky Husky was set up in 2007, when our aims were to provide a centre where people could learn about the amazing qualities of the oldest breed on the planet, and how they are simply like no other dog. We also aim to provide a loving home for our dogs throughout their whole lives (having rescued about a third of our pack from unsuitable homes), by giving them the opportunity to do what Huskies are supposed to do- run! With 30 sled dogs for you to meet, we provide a range of exciting experiences, including Husky Trekking; a sport which gives you the opportunity to drive your own team of dogs on a two wheeled scooter around our purpose built trekking course, with its two exciting down-hills. For those who want a more relaxed session we can tailor your session to suit your individual abilities.Pesky Husky also offers Husky Hiking all year round; a walk with the dogs through the open countryside, using specialist belts and equipment specifically designed for sled dogs. A fun and unique activity, this is perfect for families with children, walking groups, or anyone who wants to meet and spend some quality time with these amazing animals! We also offer combined sessions of Trekking and hiking for the complete Husky experience.These activities all include a full kennel visit, instruction, and equipment, and are available all year round, 7 days a week. We also do various other activities- from children’s parties to kennel visits, meaning there really is something for everybody! Prices start at £15 and we can provide gift vouchers as well as bookings. Please ring for availability and details.
sheffield
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent dog husbandry.”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

If you are a dog lover then you will love these huskies. If you are a husky lover then you should meet the owner. We went on the kennel tour and were enlightened about this special breed. The owner took us through care, breeding, habits, feeding etc., exhibiting excellent knowledge of the breed. Would have liked to trek but this was unavailable at short notice during Feb. half-term.

Visited February 2012
5 Thank pjgSheffield

Chester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Dream come true..”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Going Husky-sledging has always been of my dreams since i was little, and i final got to do it in February.

I have been twice to Pesky huskies.

The first time i went was a year ago ,i did the kennel vist as we were a bit late in the season for sledging.
I absolutely adore been in there with the dogs and listening to Debbie telling me all about the dogs.I learnt so much and it was great to hear the truth about owning huskies,as this is one of my dreams.I was extremely lucky and got to go in the kennals with two week old husky puppies,which were so cute and hadn't even opened their eyes yet.One of the older puppies i saw was Lupus who i then got to do the husky trek with.The husky trek was brilliant having Lupus and Ruby pull you along was a strange experience as it took little effort to go up hills, until Lupus got tired and i had to pull him up.

I would highly recommened the kennal visit and dog trekking to anyone with an intrest in huskies it is highly informative and Debbie is a wonderful person to learn from as she has so much knowledge and obviously has a great love of her dogs.

The second time i went was a year later and this time i did the Kennel visit and final got to go Husky-sledging after years of wishing.It was brilliant doing the kennel vist again as i saw many of the dogs i remembered.One of faviourite moments was seeing Lupus a year later- he had grown so much :)

Then at last I got to do the dog-sledging. I was absolutey terrified before i got on the sledge,i was dreading not been able to do it and having my dreams crushed.......i needn't have worried.It was one of the greatest experiences of my life :)
I absolutley adored having the dogs pul the sledge round the track.As soon as i set off on the training track for the first time,the adrenaline began pumping.Debbie had said that when we got to the hill we could walk the dogs up, i was so happy to be doing it i ran up the hill and then came zooming down the other side.
It was the real track next which was even better than the training track.It was amazing zooming over the track,with the wind rushing past and working the dogs as hard as i could. You can see and feel how much the dogs love running, its what they are build for.It is so relaxing to hear nothing but the dogs feet against the floor as they run.The time seems to fly past and it seems like it has only been a few minutes ,when Debbie tells me i have to stop as we have reached the end of the track.I am absolutely exhausted but i have loved every minute. I then got to travel back in the back of the land rover surrounded by the dogs. I got a great oppurtunity as i got to hold Diesel which gave me a chance to feel his fur which is such a great texture.As it was a Birthday present i got to do the track a second time and it is still as amazing an experince as the first time i did it.

Dog-sledging is a once in a lifetime oppurtunity and i am so happy i got the chance to do , and fulfil my dream.
I cannot recommend Pesky huskies enough, all the dogs are friendly and absolutely stunning.You are in brilliant hands with Debbie, she makes sure you know exactly what to do so all you fears fade away.
If you get the chance to go husky sledging i recommened you grab the chance with two hands.It is an amazing experince which you would be stupid to miss.

Debbie really does have a great love for her dogs and you can really tell they are her life and she puts all time and effort into training and taking care of them, and it shows as the dogs respond to the slightest command so you feel completely in control.
It is well worth the money :)

Catherine.L >^^<

Visited February 2011
12 Thank CatherineLovesLupus
England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“What An Experience”
Reviewed March 14, 2011

What a lovely weekend away on a working farm. Cottage for 8 was nice, would only say we wish it had an extra toilet and shower as this took a bit of time with us all getting ready to go out but the husky experience well worth the 5 hour trip. Debbie and family were fantastic, the information about the dogs was outstanding, I cannot remember when I last had such an experience. All of us thoroughly enjoyed it and that is ages 21 - 53. I have realised I am not fit and now need to get my Akita out for longer runs to get me in shape. Debbie and family a Big Thank You. Theresa (Essex). Dogs were lovely.

Visited March 2011
6 Thank Nero1985
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC”
Reviewed January 6, 2011

Booked for my husbands 30th birthday, what a fantastic time we had.

We can not recommend this enough please view the website, you will not be disappointed.

We want to say a big thankyou to the family for making our day so special.

Visited January 2011
5 Thank lancs09
Chester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazed”
Reviewed November 18, 2010

Its so hard to put into words what an amazing experience our visit to Pesky Husky was.
Debbie and her team's knowledge of the different breeds and the obvious respect and love they have for the dogs and the dogs return it in bundles! The kennel tour in itself was so informative and was an excellent way to introduce us to the dogs.
Once outside on the training curcuit the team work begins.The dogs are so excited and raring to go and with the excellent instructions given by Debbie and her team you are on the way to the most amazing experience. Once the training curcuit is complete its time for the real thing ! Dont assume you just sit back like a church mouse and let the dogs do all the work, this experience is about team work, you encourage and praise the dogs and you will need to scoot aswell (long time since Ive done that but hadnt forgotten) The dogs respond by rewarding you with an experince that leaves you wanting to do it all over again.... Amazing cant reccomend it highly enough.

8 Thank vince901