“Fine Indian cuisine”
Review of Tikka Tikka

Tikka Tikka
Ranked #34 of 369 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Had a short break in Scarborough and we walked past Tikka Tikka while it was closed as we were going out to eat later we thought that place looks nice shall we try it? Once back at our hotel I checked it out on Tripadvisor and were impressed with the reviews so we booked for Sunday evening. We arrived and were greeted by friendly and attentive staff. We were shown to our table and ordered our drinks. The waiter took our order for pickles and poppadoms and our starters these arrived promptly I had chicken pakora my partner had garlic mussels, unfortunately this came as Garlic mushrooms a simple communication problem which was promptly rectified. The starters were excellent well cooked and prepared.
For main course I had Duck Tawa which was excellent, and the portion was massive I had to leave some to my regret, my partner had Cox Bazar Crab which she said was stunning, not a sea food fan but I did try a little and it was very well presented and cooked.
Overall our visit was a resounding success the prices were very reasonable even the drinks were at a sensible price. I live very close to 3 excellent Indian restaurants so I'm a little spoiled and expect high standards from any Indian restaurant I visit, Tikka Tikka rates up there with my local curry houses.
Will I visit again when in Scarborough? A massive yes!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Have been to this restaurant many times and am pleased to say it never disappoints,lovely food at a very reasonable price with very good service,just to warn you though it can get very busy at peak times so it's best to book.

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Not the spiciest tikka masala ive had but it is one of the most flavoursome with plenty of sauce! Highly reccommend the peshwari naan to accompany your curry. Went with my cousins. They loved the chicken aloo and masala. The bombay potatoes are also really tasty. Great value for money.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Of the cluster of Indian restaurants around the Castle Road roundabout in Scarborough's town centre, Tikka Tikka is one of two I really like to visit for an upmarket, quality dinner out. (The other is Scarborough Tandoori.) Management and staff are friendly and welcoming; attentive service. Classy decor & ambience, candles on the table, linen napiery, complimentary Bailey's after your meal and those refreshing hot towels. The food is finely presented, well cooked and tasty, with the wide-ranging menu you'd expect of a good Indian restaurant (Bangladeshi-run?), including the usual regional specialities, vegetarian options etc. On my recent visit, the rice and naan bread were really good, and both our main courses were delicious (Tandoori Butter Chicken and Vegetable Balti). Recommended for a quality Indian dining experience in relaxed setting with great service.

2  Thank Timster2014
Reviewed July 11, 2014

great food and good value for money, staff very helpful it was the best indian meal i had for a long time

1  Thank marianna5419