“very good experience”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2014

As a party of six adults we booked this restaurant on the day after walking past and reading the menu,which was sizable and varied.We arrived at 8pm to be shown to our table very promptly and drink orders taken.We had a short wait for food orders to be taken but the restaurant was quite busy and the time was acceptable.Four of us had the greek meze that consisted of over 20 dishes all tasty and of good size.The moussaka,kebabs and stiffado were wonderful we all agreed the meze was good value and plentiful.Others had duck l'aronge which was massive and the sword fish and prawns all lovely.All in all we all agreed the food was wonderful and the wine reasonably priced,would recommend off of our experience.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

went here as our usual gem cogonis was shut for holidays,and what a dissapointment,ordrd mussels start at7pound and got them in a tasteless sauce accompanied with butterd brown loaf bread???the mains were the same at 17pound just a meat with veg,only good point was the wine.wont b returning not a patch on cogonis

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We were a party of 19 for a birthday event. Staff shouting and bossy, staff reaching across the table over people trying to eat and after staff throwing knives and forks onto a tray and at one point nearling poking my eye out with a knife i felt someting had to be said. I spend most of my time leaning to my left as rude staff lent across me passing food down the table. VERY bad service, food not too bad athough a number of guests were not feeling well 24 to 48 hours after the meal. GIVE THIS PLACE A MISS there are nicer and cheaper resturants in Scarborough.

4  Thank martin p
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Sadly we won't be returning!!! I had booked a table a few weeks in advance as I know it can be busy. We arrived on time, we were not greeted by any member of staff. Once we had the attention of the short black haired women who was very rude she served us our drinks. I informed her we had a table booked she told us it wouldn't be long one hour and three drinks later we were still waiting for the pre-booked table. Once seated we waited another 45 minutes for our food which was fillet steak served with veg which I must say was to a high standard and cooked to perfection. However, we got out in the corner out the way of the restaurant. There was no atmosphere and all we could here was the rude women who has the restaurant been rude to customers, she was stressed, snappy, rude and didn't know what customer service was. It was £50 for the food which was great but we will not be returning due to rubbish service and manorisms towards us and others. Also in need of a refurb. Food 10/10 service 2/10

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

There was only our table of four in the whole place on a Monday evening in February. The first thing that hit me was the smell. An aged, greasy fat smell.
Starters roast pork loin with grilled cheese which was great. I had Moules Hommard- Mussels in a lobster sauce flamed with Brandy. Sounded great. What I got was five or six mussels, out of the shell, in a brown gloop with a skin on, served with mashed potatoes. It did not taste of anything.
Mains - others enjoyed a chicken breast in a red wine sauce, chicken kiev and moussaka. I had a T bone steak. Except it wasn't. We serve it bone out they said. Then how can one call it t bone? The Sirloin bit was very tough. But the "au poivre" sauce I got covered all evils. It swamped everything. It did not taste of pepper, certainly had no hint of cream. Unpleasant really. Served with roast and new potatoes. Carrots and cheese and green beans. The staff came round serving us these veg individually off silver platters. So we all waited until they finished before we started. This is so outdated. Put the veg on the table and go away please. Bill was 104 including drinks.
I have been here four times since it has been open and it's the same menu, same decor, same smell, same concept. It is time to overhaul this place. It cannot survive on the reputation of its undoubtedly popular meze alone.
It gets three stars as the others enjoyed their food but mine was poor.