“Fantastic Indian restaurant Food was...”

Scarborough Tandoori
Ranked #24 of 355 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Indian restaurant Food was...”
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Fantastic Indian restaurant
Food was lovely, for my main I had one of the Handi dishes, flavours were gorgeous
The service was really good, staff did not rush us, overall - 10/10

Yorkshire
“Used to be better.”
Reviewed July 4, 2010

I've been here a few times and I have to say that the last couple of times, the food hasn't been as good as it once was, and the service hasn't been particularly good either.

Last time we went, I asked for chicken.....got lamb. Surely it's not that difficult to spot the difference......? When the waiter brought the correct meal, he slopped it down onto the table, and didn't seem to care really.

I didn't feel particularly welcome the last time I went here, and I'm not sure if I'll go back, to be honest. Shame as I have had a good meal here on a couple of occasions previously - although a long while ago.

Worksop
“the best”
Reviewed May 16, 2010

I thought i'd eaten in some good Indian restaurants before but this tops the lot without a doubt! From the pickle tray and poppodoms to the chicken ceylonese and rice the food was delicious! The staff were promt, the decor was modern and the location of the place was bang in the middle pubs and bars. Try it!

Scarborough
“Very disappointing - service etremely poor”
Reviewed April 8, 2010

Having been to this restaurant a number of times when the service and food had always been good last night was a total shock to us. The service was appalling from the start. There were four of us and we were directed to a table where there were settings for four apart from two places did not have serviettes or wine glasses. After being served the wine but not having enough glasses I had to leave the table to ask for two more glasses. They were brought to us but still no serviettes. We did not have a starter but has poppadoms. I had to go to a nearby table to get two serviettes. We waited over half an hour for our main course and the food was of good quality. Unfortunately I had ordered chilli chicken balti and my mouth was burning. Three times I requested a jug of water. By the time we eventually got the water my appetite had waned and I left half the meal. Other complaints were there were no side plates with the main meal so the naan bread was placed on the table itself. I had to leave my meal at one stage to go to the bar and order another bottle of wine. There were no smiles or pleasantries from the waiter and we were not asked at any time if we were enjoying ourselves which of course we were not! When the tables were being cleared we asked for a dessert menu. We waited a further 10-15 minutes but no sign of the menu. During this time the rest of our dishes were not cleared away. We did not get a dessert, no complimentary after dinner drink, no wet towel or after eight mint! I spoke to the person I deemed to be the manager and informed him of the bad service. There was no real response from him to our complaints so unfortunately we will never visit this restaurant again. There are many other Indian restaurants in Scarborough and one of them, if they offer good food and service will get my business in the future.

2 Thank YorkshireFellow
UK
“Good Food terrible service”
Reviewed April 3, 2010

Went because recommended to Scarborogh Tandoori on Wed 24th March 2010.
Food was great but we had to fight to get served any drinks. I think they knew we were from out of town and concentrated on their locals.

Attitude was dismissive but don't let that put you off...all you need to do is eat the good food and don't tip...and maybe the service will improve.