“Nice surroundings very tasty”

Scarborough Tandoori
Ranked #27 of 365 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We were seated near the window a round table for four of us, comfortable plenty of room. The starter was mixed kebab, it wasn't anything special but nice enough, the main courses were very good, all we're hot and really tasty, good size portions and served promptly. I would put Scarborough Tandoori as one of the top three in the area.

1  Thank Mark R
There are newer reviews for Scarborough Tandoori

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Possibly the oldest established Indian Restaurant in Scarborough. This place has served quality food and kept up to date with the industry for decades. I'd especially recommend the king prawn dishes. .

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Starters were OK, but not exceptional.
Both myself and the wife had Chicken Tikka Masala for mains. It was a bit like thick, not very spicy tomato soup. The wife did not eat hers. I did, but that's because I'm a greedy pig.
Morning after wished i hadn't though. Both of us had stomach pains. Cant be sure if it was the curry or not- but will not be going back.
This is obviously my opinion of my experience. The restaurant was full to bursting.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I thought I would be a little more adventurous on this visit to Scarborough Tandoori, and so pleased I did. my starter of lamb chops was excellent and my main course of a sort of fish curry was wonderful

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have been eating at this place since 1984 so 30 years this year, it has gone from strength to strength in that time, they have extended menus, changed chefs, the decor, layout in that time but one thing has remained constant and that has been the great food, my kids now enjoy meals here without parents and Alkaz and his staff make them as welcome as Mr Ali and a very youing Alkaz did all those years ago to me. Great place and fantastic food.

1  Thank KTandPT1961