“They've seen them come and they've seen them go. . . .”

Scarborough Tandoori
Ranked #23 of 358 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“They've seen them come and they've seen them go. . . .”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Possibly the oldest established Indian Restaurant in Scarborough. This place has served quality food and kept up to date with the industry for decades. I'd especially recommend the king prawn dishes. .

• Visited March 2014

Yorkshire, England
“Abit Pants!!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Starters were OK, but not exceptional.
Both myself and the wife had Chicken Tikka Masala for mains. It was a bit like thick, not very spicy tomato soup. The wife did not eat hers. I did, but that's because I'm a greedy pig.
Morning after wished i hadn't though. Both of us had stomach pains. Cant be sure if it was the curry or not- but will not be going back.
This is obviously my opinion of my experience. The restaurant was full to bursting.

Visited May 2014
“good food, good value”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I thought I would be a little more adventurous on this visit to Scarborough Tandoori, and so pleased I did. my starter of lamb chops was excellent and my main course of a sort of fish curry was wonderful

• Visited April 2014
“Long Time Eating”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have been eating at this place since 1984 so 30 years this year, it has gone from strength to strength in that time, they have extended menus, changed chefs, the decor, layout in that time but one thing has remained constant and that has been the great food, my kids now enjoy meals here without parents and Alkaz and his staff make them as welcome as Mr Ali and a very youing Alkaz did all those years ago to me. Great place and fantastic food.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank KTandPT1961
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Excellent upmarket Indian restaurant”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I last dined here on 26 February 2014, but it's a favourite of mine. It's not the cheapest Indian restaurant in Scarborough, but it's one of the classiest, with a smart ambience and decor, friendly, attentive service, and delicious food in generous servings. All your favourite Indian dishes are available, from mild to hot, in the different regional styles. Rice, vegetable side orders, papadoms, breads etc are all done just right, and there's a full bar, with Indian lagers (Cobra, Kingfisher) etc. I've also been here with large parties, and we are always looked after really well. I don't generally bother with desserts or sweets when eating Indian-style, but friends tell me the puds are delicious, and they give you complimentary After-Eight and a glass of Bailey's, as well as those refreshing hot towels, at the end of your meal. Warmly recommended.

• Visited June 2013