“Consistently good!”

Scarborough Tandoori
Ranked #27 of 373 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Visited fist time last Aug after a recommendation. Couldn't wait to return. Ordered poppadoms, chutneys, tikka masala, butter chicken, mixed tandoori, vegatable pilau, plain pilau and 2 naan breads, 5 drinks (incl. 2.5 pints of Cobra) bill came ot £50. The service was 1st class, the food was hot, tasty and had generous portions. We were very excited as this was our youngest daughter's Indian meal. She particularly liked the tikka masala. We'll definately be back!

Reviewed May 17, 2014

25 of us ate there - always a nightmare for staff, but they managed things brilliantly. Service was friendly and efficient. food was reasonably priced and everyone enjoyed their meals. Can recommend for a party booking

1  Thank Gill A
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We went to Tandoori on Saturday the 10th May and were taken to our table straight away. We were offered drinks and the atmosphere was very good.

I was very comfy until one of the staff decided that it was too warm and opened the front doors!! After that I was uncomfy. Saturday evening was windy and cold so why the main doors were opened I will never know. We have been there before and that time the side door was opened and I had to ask for it closing.

The food was good but because I was cold I didn’t enjoy the experience.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Possibly the worse dining experience of our life. Beautiful gentle Indian music was changed to very loud and aggressive music. The sort of music you hear when watching a thriller movie! I asked the waiter if they could perhaps play somethign more restful or at least turn it down and he just looked at me quite bemused.
the waiter kept coming over and rearranging the items on the very tiny table. We are both right handed but on 4 occassions, for no apparent reason, he came and lined everything up on the left of the table in admittedly a neat line.
I ordered the chicken balti with rice and naan bread. the chicken was extremely dry and chewy and the rice was even drier. the best [part of the meal was the Naan bread.
When a large party of extremely loud and drunk women arrived, the answer was to turn the music up louder. it was impossible for my husband and I, away for a quiet weekend togetehr, to have any semblance of conversation so we asked for the bill. We asked again 10 minutes later. 5 minutes later we stood up and put our coats on and they staff scurried over. We repeated that we wanted to pay and go. Yes yes yes, you have to wait we were told.
yes we did! But we don't have to go back and hope to warns others to give this place a wide berth, Could not have been a more different experience to the previous night when we dinesd at Saba which also offers Indian food.

2  Thank ourgran
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We dropped in because we were in the area, it was very busy and we liked the look of the menu. The food was excellent as was the service and they were very good at explaining dishes to the children and very patient with lots of questions. The restaurant had a nice look and a clean modern feel. Very good and we would definitely recommend.