“Breakfast with the dog! ” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Crush Bar & Diner

Blue Crush Bar & Diner
Ranked #60 of 353 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: An Excellent Bar & Restaurant located within feet of the golden sands on the North Bay Beach with unbelievable views of the entire North Bay and Castle headland. This Venue has to be one of Scarborough's best known Dining and casual drinking venues. We have 130 interior seats spread over two floors, the upper floor has a balcony overlooking the lower floor and offers amazing views of the entire north bay. We also have 48 exterior seats for those extra special sunny days. The Restaurant front is fully glazed floor to ceiling to allow for great views, thus maximising your experience of relaxing with a drink or food whilst enjoying the views. Our menu is something you will do not normally experience in a Bar / Diner, we offer restaurant class food at affordable prices, you will not be disappointed. Our products are freshly prepared on a daily basis with our fish caught that very day and delivered to our doorstep straight from the boat. We also offer the venue to book for weddings, christenings, birthdays & funerals plus many more. We regularly feature live guitarists and pianists on our very own baby grand piano, see our website for all details If you are visiting Scarborough, do not miss out on BLUE CRUSH, see our website for all details of events, menus and wines. We look forward to welcoming you.
staffs
“Breakfast with the dog! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

A nice breakfast was required before we set off home after a lovely week. The blue crush does breakfast and lets my dog in too..so a winner. I had lovely scrambled eggs on crispy toast..nice cappuccino ( not too big ) dd had beans and toast ( good size) and other dd had pancakes which were overpriced at £5.50 for a few pancakes with a little conserve and foamed cream...but it was a treat so I coughed up! Had to ask for water for the dog but it was nice to be in out of the rain! Clean , warm and dry a good experience.

• Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“blue crush bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

came again this april and was not disappointed with the service and food,veiws are fantastic and was made very welcome,hoping to be back in october

• Visited April 2014
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Nice food but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided to try Blue Crush last Saturday morning for breakfast. Everything was spot on, the staff were lovely and very helpfull. Great food, superb view and inside it just looked the part too!
The only thing I didnt think was very professional was one of the chefs who was speaking inappropriately to the bar man or should I say shouting through the window, telling other staff to get him off the till. I could see this was panicking the bar man and the majority of other customers waiting heard too.

Other than that, all good. Will be returning but preferably not on a saturday morning.

Scarborough, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A find ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Came to blue crush for a family meal. It was amazing, the service, the food, and the establishment is very special from the art work to the views. I was very impressed with how the staff took our own special needs into account with food etc and made our time a very special one. It is a very busy establishment which only gives out good vibes that it is very popular! Some of these comments on here are so not true I think you wasn't even at blue crush more like the watermark which our family popped in before realised its way to cramped and can't even fit 10ppl on a table and the food looked average at best! Blue crush all the way!!

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Very nice for a drink but won't eat here again.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

We have stayed at the Sands on several occasions and usually have a few drinks and food with our family and friends at the Blue crush. We have always had a pleasant evening and the place has a nice atmosphere. However on the last occasion when in Scarborough for the bike racing we both had drinks and ordered steak sandwiches with fries etc.
When the sandwiches arrived they were both VERY undercooked, so much so that they had turned the bread red, I pointed this out to the guy who came to take the plates away and he asked if it was tuna! I said that it was steak but was so undercooked that we could not eat it. I asked him to mention it to the kitchen but that it was no big deal.
A few minutes later a lady came up to enquire about the food and I repeated that it was way undercooked and that it was almost raw. It really was bleeding and the bread resembled a wound dressing. I was told that this was the way "chef" cooked it. Really? I suggested that maybe it might be an idea to ask how the Customer would like it to be cooked.
I was not after a refund and I wasn't offered one anyway but was offered a drink which we politely refused.
The real problem is that we resent being told how we should have our food. "Chef" knows best? It was a steak sandwich for goodness sake, not fine dining.
Enough! We will not be going back in the future.

• Visited April 2014