“blue crush bar”

Blue Crush Bar & Diner
Ranked #73 of 363 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Description: An Excellent Bar & Restaurant located within feet of the golden sands on the North Bay Beach with unbelievable views of the entire North Bay and Castle headland. This Venue has to be one of Scarborough's best known Dining and casual drinking venues. We have 130 interior seats spread over two floors, the upper floor has a balcony overlooking the lower floor and offers amazing views of the entire north bay. We also have 48 exterior seats for those extra special sunny days. The Restaurant front is fully glazed floor to ceiling to allow for great views, thus maximising your experience of relaxing with a drink or food whilst enjoying the views. Our menu is something you will do not normally experience in a Bar / Diner, we offer restaurant class food at affordable prices, you will not be disappointed. Our products are freshly prepared on a daily basis with our fish caught that very day and delivered to our doorstep straight from the boat. We also offer the venue to book for weddings, christenings, birthdays & funerals plus many more. We regularly feature live guitarists and pianists on our very own baby grand piano, see our website for all details If you are visiting Scarborough, do not miss out on BLUE CRUSH, see our website for all details of events, menus and wines. We look forward to welcoming you.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“blue crush bar”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

came again this april and was not disappointed with the service and food,veiws are fantastic and was made very welcome,hoping to be back in october

• Polish first
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Nice food but...”
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided to try Blue Crush last Saturday morning for breakfast. Everything was spot on, the staff were lovely and very helpfull. Great food, superb view and inside it just looked the part too!
The only thing I didnt think was very professional was one of the chefs who was speaking inappropriately to the bar man or should I say shouting through the window, telling other staff to get him off the till. I could see this was panicking the bar man and the majority of other customers waiting heard too.

Other than that, all good. Will be returning but preferably not on a saturday morning.

Scarborough, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A find ”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Came to blue crush for a family meal. It was amazing, the service, the food, and the establishment is very special from the art work to the views. I was very impressed with how the staff took our own special needs into account with food etc and made our time a very special one. It is a very busy establishment which only gives out good vibes that it is very popular! Some of these comments on here are so not true I think you wasn't even at blue crush more like the watermark which our family popped in before realised its way to cramped and can't even fit 10ppl on a table and the food looked average at best! Blue crush all the way!!

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Very nice for a drink but won't eat here again.”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We have stayed at the Sands on several occasions and usually have a few drinks and food with our family and friends at the Blue crush. We have always had a pleasant evening and the place has a nice atmosphere. However on the last occasion when in Scarborough for the bike racing we both had drinks and ordered steak sandwiches with fries etc.
When the sandwiches arrived they were both VERY undercooked, so much so that they had turned the bread red, I pointed this out to the guy who came to take the plates away and he asked if it was tuna! I said that it was steak but was so undercooked that we could not eat it. I asked him to mention it to the kitchen but that it was no big deal.
A few minutes later a lady came up to enquire about the food and I repeated that it was way undercooked and that it was almost raw. It really was bleeding and the bread resembled a wound dressing. I was told that this was the way "chef" cooked it. Really? I suggested that maybe it might be an idea to ask how the Customer would like it to be cooked.
I was not after a refund and I wasn't offered one anyway but was offered a drink which we politely refused.
The real problem is that we resent being told how we should have our food. "Chef" knows best? It was a steak sandwich for goodness sake, not fine dining.
Enough! We will not be going back in the future.

2 Thank gnswy
Leeds, United Kingdom
“More dogs than people!!!!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The bar itself looked appealing and the breakfast menu reasonable. We ordered a full English breakfast, a portion of toast and a tea cake with warm drinks. The waiter took my table number when I was at the till however the waitress seemed to be wandering round the bar until she found the correct table that had ordered that food. The breakfast was bland and tasteless except the mushrooms which tasted so strong they were in edible. My sons toast was brown bloomer bread as they had run out of white (by 10am??? Not a good start) and it came without any jams. The floor was covered in dog hairs and when we looked around, including going upstairs to the use the toilets the restaurant was full of people at tables with their dogs- this just totally put me off and we quickly left the bar not to return again. I don't mind dogs at all but I think there's a time and a place for them and inside an eating venue is neither.