“lovely room but freezing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Scarborough
The Villa Esplanade Self Catering Holiday Apartments
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Paid for a 2 night stay in these apartments the room was lovely with all mod cons only downside was that it was very very cold it was that cold we upped and left after one night . The passage way stank which puts you off straight away .i will not be returning !!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steph M

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I staid over there with my partner just for one night, we got excellent value for money and offered an upgrade for an amazing price which we took! The views are amazing if you get the good rooms and I would definitely return to this hotel if ever staying overnight in Scarborough again.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed in an apartment with a Sea View for a week and found it a was nice, clean and cosy well equipped apartment. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Lovely stay shame about the weather. We would use the apartments again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I booked at the above "hotel" a few months ago for a 4 night stay over new year. Im a full time wheelchair user and an above knee amputee. I rang to enquire whether their accomodation was wheelchair accessible? I was told that they only have a couple of rooms/apartments that are suited to wheelchair users. so i booked a twin apartment. Anyway,when myself and companion arrived i have to say we were BOTH SADLY DISAPPOINTED. When we were escorted to the "lift" it was antiquated but jut adequate. the WORST WAS STILL TO COME. we were shown to our "apartment" and guess what? we knew instantly that i would truly struggle. in fact if i hadnt paid in advance WE would have left even before setting luggage down.. the hallway was minute and i only just fitted the wheelchair into the bedroom/sitting room. once the door was shut my companion had to play furniture moving man. then when i tried to turn round to check out the rst of the place i had to remove the wheelchair footrest. We then saw the electricity meter was located just above the skirting board and was also very antiquated. the fuses took up a fair chunk oof the hallway space. my wheelchair "just" passed if i was mega careful. in fact i actually caught the fuses more than once. Worse still to come. I could not get into the kitchen at all:o( I was able to use the bathroom with on hell of a struggle. I was NOT ABLE TO GET MY WHEELCHAIR N THERE. I Had to sand and hold the door frame and hop/shuffle to the loo and my companion then had to fold the chair up to get it through the door. i was then able to open it JUST! the wheelchair took up the whole of the bathroom floor space. I didnt dare try to have a bath and struggled for 4 days even to have a full wash. It was a twin room and the beds were tiny singles. both myself and companion are on the large side. the mattresses felt like they were filled with jelly

Room Tip: i personally would never stay here go elsewhere
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lynnec0v
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Good location. Clean and spacious (although would like a blind / curtain to cover the window - Apa). Staff VERY helpful, friendly and welcoming!
You will need to play extra for electric. Would stay again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I booked about a month in advance so had chance to check everything out before I went, following up with emails and phone calls when needed. I was travelling alone (and ove the New Year) and when the staff (David and Mr John) realised this, they went out of their way to make me as welcome as possible. The self catering apartment was lovely and I had a wonderful sea view from both the bedroom and kitchen windows. The apartment was also spotlessly clean and well kept. It's also very easy to find from the railway station. I will definitely be staying there again and would not hesitate to recommend it to others.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Good value for money but be aware, take your own towels and expect to have to pay extra for electric. Beds are so comfy, ideal place for a 1 night stay.

The restaurant attached to the place is well worth going to, food is delicious and reasonably priced.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple