“This is the best value for money you are going to find in Scarborough in or out of season”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Scarborough
The Villa Esplanade Self Catering Holiday Apartments
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We looked around for a few days break and searched online to various places in Scarborough let me explain we like a break where we are not constricted to a timetable made up by the place where you are staying.
The welcome was warm and friendly and any help required was offered we did arrive a little early and this was treated as ,'we are please to see you' not as like most places you are going to wait the staff arranged our early arrival around us the customer and not the 'rules' a big thumbs up.

We were offered a choice of rooms which was a nice touch and chose what we thought would suit us.

The room was everything that we wanted or needed with a great view of the area.a full bathroom with shower Kitchen fully equipped bedroom with ample seating area included with a comfy double bed.

One of the little quirk's of the this grand old building is the nooks and cranny's and different ways to get to your room but a little adventure is beckoning if you just take the time to find your way round.

The rooms are clean with a mix of modern and old style comfort.

Electricity usage was minimal and with one £5 card lasted for the entire 3 days and still credit left for the next occupant .The owner was available at all times during the day and even when required was easy to contact during the evenings .As a local he was a mine of information on where to go and what to see and does take the time to engage with his customers on a personal level.

I will definitely be going back very soon as a closing couple of comments the building is not what you think it is just from the outside it has a whole lot more character .

Just some positive helpful tips if you are not from the area.

Shopping when you arrive does not have to be done in the town center there is an array of shops and restaurants as you come out of the complex turn right and go straight down past the church 5-10 min max.

And remember the hills become cliffs if you do do a lot of walking when its out of season but that is what it makes it quirky try running up the stairs that are on the beach front great exercise.(If it does not kill you ha-ha)

Thanks for a fantastic time

Amanda and Jean-Pierre

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Villa Esplanade Self Catering Holiday Apartments

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Me and my boyfriend come to Scarborough often and the first time we came we stopped here and at first we thought didn't think much of the place but then when we got to our apartment it was lovely a sea view spacious kitchen area and everything you would need in there too and since then we've been several times in the past year and have always stopped here now. There's certain apartments that we like to stay in if we can for example flat 7 and the one above that also 21 is nice and cosy and also the flat apposite the reception area - there isn't a view but the flat is lovely and where ways out and about so the view doesn't particularly bother us much anyway. The service is great, John - who works here is very welcoming, helpful and friendly and always makes our stay perfect! Well, we'll be definitely stopping again!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank a-bellhouse
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Oh where can I start on this review.. After being rudely greeted in reception by what I can only describe as a disgusting leech I was handed a room key (room 4) and told my room was situated on the top floor. He then proceeded to tell me 'You have to pay hotel parking and for the electricity' Seriously who pays £7 parking when, If like me you travel a lot, you will know its only £4 to park on the street. After the leech proceeded to look my 16 year old daughter up and down, I had to remind him we were guests and not to stare at her in such manner. I reminded him several times that she was only 16 but this seemed to fuel him on.
On inspection of the room...cold, dank and dirty.
The living room looked like I had morphed back into my teenage years, the décor was so outdated! The window in the living room did not close, so all night we could hear the wind howling through the gap, no amount of closing the doors was keeping the noise or the draft out.
The kitchen was again dirty, and smelly. The damp is overwhelming . I had to wash the kettle &grill pan before use as either housing keeping or the leech could not do. The tea towel (if that's what you can call it ) was black with grime and covered in orange stains (bean juice I think). There were stains all over the walls . Apparently the drinking glasses were not clean either as when I arrived home, I woke from my lovely clean refreshing bed, wandered into my sparkling fresh bathroom and through my beautifully polished mirrors noticed a huge cold sore arriving ...

The beds, thank god, were clean, although the bedrooms themselves were outdated and covered in damp.
The bathroom was clean and in order.
The TV in the living room had no remote for the freeview or any DVD player. I took the small combination TV from the main bedroom to plug in so we could use the DVD player only to find that the DVD player had been disabled. Reaching the end of my tether I went to the reception only to be greeted by that creep once again. I explained about the TV and DVD player and was told they 'Don't work and would have to hire one at a cost of £5 a night to prevent theft'
I told them after they had took my money for the night, the cost of electricity and parking they could get stuffed, I explained I would rather go to morrisons and buy a DVD player (probably the only thing working and clean in that place) than pay them any more money.
That man is a creep, 'the hotel' is disgusting and never in a million years would I ever subject my family to a place like that ever again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Jackie-Ann H
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I booked this hotel for one night for my wife and i at the last minute. Easy check in very hospitable service car park outside easy load/unload. There is a charge for car parking but to be honest there is loads of on street parking and a car park to the rear. The room was very clean nicely set out for convenience, the sheets and towels were clean and fresh. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

DO NOT STAY HER IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN OR ARE DISABULD!

Me and my partner stayed her 1 night was surpposte to be 3 nights we left after 1 night because of the shocking state of the so called apartment with a sea view through a small window, befor I booked I explained me and my 6 month son where registerd blind and could we be put on a lower level and we ended up having to clime 6 flights of stairs to find out we had no electricity or lights that worked and then to add insult to injury we found out later on we needed an electric card to switch everything ( now come on who uses electric meters these days in the hotel business) then if you could find the neater you'd be very lucky it was behind the bin under a corner work top in pich black night time, and as for the bathroom if you you like a 1980s peach / orange bath suit and to top it off we where expected to pay £185.00 for the privilege utter disgrace I will be up loading photos too!

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank Jbond2692013
Reviewed October 27, 2013

booked at last minute for 1 night stay in a apartment brilliant location the apartment itself was very clean with bedroom, bathroom, living room, kitchen modern decor everything provided did not want to leave. also in the building was el gringoes restaurant and the food and service was very good and a very good atmosphere.last but not least John who showed us to our apartment and looked after us was very helpful and could not do enough for us and a pleasure to speak to overall view fantastic must stay will be going back next month

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Booked this at the last minute for one night to see our daughter who is studying here at Uni.

What a pleasant surprise we got when we got here!

From the outside, the building looks old and tired. Indeed the reception and hallways do too! However, we stayed in room 8 which is absolutely massive with a fantastic sea view. Large lounge area with 2 leather sofas, tv, dining table and double bed. There's also a second bedroom with a double and single bed. Small kitchen with everything in that you need plus a large bathroom. Remember to bring a towel as none are supplied! We'll definitely be coming here again!

Stayed: October 2013