“Great finnish”

Papas Fish And Chips
Ranked #89 of 427 Restaurants in Scarborough
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Not a great start when you have phoned and booked a table and there is no record of it. However the restaurant was not busy and we were seated straight away.
When asked at the end of the meal if everything was ok we pointed out the potatoes used in the chips were poor quality. You could see areas of black.
An apology was given and five minutes later we had a discount voucher for our next visit.

We shall return!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (171)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Called in here while in Scarborough as I like the one in Cleethorpes,was not disappointed as it tasted exactly the same.Fabulous fish and chips

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank keninlincs
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

called in for lunch, as we saw some people eating there takeaway food on the prom, glad we did. We had fish and chips and scampi and chips and both plates were really well cooked, and tasted lovely. The staff were fast and very friendly. Will definately return.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This was one of the few places that offered the option of chips fried in vegetable oil so off we went. It turned out to be a great decision. We were fortunate to be served by George who was very helpful with explanations of all the little quirks in the menu. The fish came and it was excellent, I think the best batter I have had. All in all it was a memorable experience and we were all in agreement that it was the best fish and chips we have ever had. Additionally I particularly enjoyed the curry and tartar sauce. Thanks very much George and team, nice to see the passion you have for your family business.

Reviewed September 11, 2019 via mobile

As I live near the original Papas I know I am always going to get some good food at any of the other outlets.

Try the platter if you've got the stomach for it!

My only gripe is the staff seemed relatively uninterested it needed a lock of paint and the music choice was really poor.

This may sound an odd complaint but when you have a two year old who loves to pick up new words listening to hip hop with swearing included at an easily audible volume... you would agree with me.

However I'm willing to overlook this as a rare occurrence as the food is great and you get a good view.