“THE BEST PLACE TO STAY”
Review of The Ellenby

The Ellenby
Ranked #79 of 183 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 12, 2011

My Partner and I , have been going to stay with John & Elza for the past 5 years . Always EXCELLENT . First time we stayed we overlooked the garden , lovely it was . Till on leaving we discovered Room 3 , since then we only go if we can have No3 . Being able to see the sea last thing at night and 1st thing in a morning is fantastic . The rooms are all excellent and spotless. The breakfast is brilliant , and very good well stocked bar. And if you want 2 very special people , then look no further then John & Elza . Can't wait to see you next July 2012. Bye for now Jackie & Rob.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JACKIE H

Reviewed September 26, 2011

I recently booked a weekend break in Scarborough . After finding the Ellenby online and being impressed with everything it had to offer I emailed John who replied super quick to my enquiry. He was courteous and helpful on the telephone and confirmed that if I arrived early he would ensure my luggage was secure until my room was ready. In the event on arrival everything was ready and waiting.
My room was lovely with a fantastic view over the North Bay. The bed was comfy and the bathroom spacious with nice shower and loads of hot water, and everything was spotless, with tea, coffee, hot chocolate and bottled water in the room. Breakfast the following morning was delicious with plenty of alternatives for those not able to face a Full English !
The Ellenby is in a prime location on the North Bay (with off road parking - which was important to us being on motorbikes) and a nice stroll down to the town and walks along the shore. All in all a great weekend and I will be returning next time I am in that part of the world, and no hesitation whatever in recommending this accomodation.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank SueBrooking
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We have just returned from a short break in Scarborough staying at the Ellenby, and will definitley be returning next year. John & Elza made us very welcome and an excellent choice was available at breakfast. The hotel was spotless and attention to detail faultless. We booked a room overlooking the sea and had the added bonus of watching the QE2 sailing past Scarborough from the comfort of our chairs in the bay window!

Room Tip: Room with a sea view is well worth having
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank earlyriser11
Reviewed June 8, 2010

My wife and I just stayed at the Hotel Ellenby for 4 nights and can thoroughly recommend the place, nothing negative to say at all. Tea, coffee and hot chocolate was always available in the room and always restocked. Breakfast was at 8.30am till 9.15am and this set you up for the day. Everywhere was perfectly clean. There is a bar available in the evenings which is handy after a day out sightseeing, plus a big lounge to relax. There is parking available at the front on the Hotel for around 7 cars and we always managed to get a spot. If you wanted to know anything John was always willing to help.

I have to say that I did a lot of searching beforehand to pick this place out, I went on Street view to look the place over first, then read lots of reviews before booking, but it was all worth it as we were pleased with our choice when we got there.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Holidaysarego
Reviewed May 6, 2010

I have been going to Scarborough for the last 14 years and have stayed in many of the b and b and hotel accomodations there.The Ellenby is by far the best i have stayed in.the rooms are immaculate and there is a well stocked tea and coffee area with biscuits and fresh bottled water every day,there is a fantastic choice for breakfast and it is all fresh and very well cooked and nothing is to much trouble,the lounge area is superb with great sea views and there is also a well stocked bar,i couldnt find one single negative only positives and the same applies to my 3 friends who stayed there,its the only place i will stay in Scarborough from now on,and must be the best value for money anywhere ,A+++

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends