“Heaven on Earth”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Scarborough
Cayton Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed February 2, 2011

We stayed in a gold caravan which was like a home from home. Everything worked on arrival and the caravan was spotless.
The holiday park is itself spotless and very friendly. The staff do everything possible to make sure your stay is a happy one.
The entertainment on a night is a must for both adults and children alike. Try out the talent shows.
Best of all there is Cayton Bay beach a short walk away from the holiday park. It is one of the cleanest beaches i have ever visited. Its well hidden so it's peaceful and relaxing. There is plenty of rock pools for the children so make sure you buy a fishing net before you go to the beach.
On the way down to the beach there is a little wooden hut which sells drinks, hot dog, ice creams and your beach essentials
If you want a more livier beach then there is a bus stop outside the holiday park where you can get buses to near by Scarborough, Filey and Bridlington.
I would recommend Park Resorts Cayton Bay Holiday park to anyone. There is plenty to do and see both on the holiday park and near by.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2010

my wife and i have been to cayton bay holiday park for the last two years on a sun holiday the caravan we was allocated on both ocassions were clean well furnished and very roomy this park resorts site is ideally situated for visiting nearby resorts scarborough bridlington and whitby etc. we didnt use all the ammenaties pool etc on site as we are both pensioners and have mobility problems.getting to the beach is a problem for us as its a pretty long walk and steep road down to beach and this i think would cause problems for anyone with young children etc.. this being our only drawback we will certainly return to this site in 2011 .

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dorisday18
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2010

booked with sun holidays,, caravan was a standard one,, was very spacious and of good standard,facilities in the caravan was good,, bar was expensive and staff a bit rude at times,beach was a steep incline and not suitable for small children, in pushchairs, but beach was nice once you managed to climb down!short drive to scarborough, bridlington,filey, overall enjoyed are short break, stayed at Haven Primrose Valley in October was terrible,, Cayton Bay loads better and would go again next year.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
durham
Reviewed October 26, 2010

nice park, well kept, tidy etc. great location close to scarborough, friendly staff (much nicer and more helpful than their Haven rivals) Unfortunately the issues I have are beyond their control.1) The site appears to have a huge drainage problem, when it rains the water lays on the grass and in places has nowhere to go but as there are very few paths leading up to the caravans you have to walk through the bog!! our shoes were wrecked and the caravan thick of mud! no parking next to caravans I guess if you did you'd get stuck anyway and they charge £20 to remove vehicles which get stuck in mud! it is a huge problem.
2) they seem to overbook and this has happened to us both times that we have been, hence, if there is a problem with your allocated caravan there is no other vans available to be re located to! if a van is sourced its that or nothing!
3) Cleaners!! inexperienced and ill equipped young chavs. bless them, clueless!. no wonder caravans are dirty upon arrival, i always take anti bacterial wipes but i would have needed 50 packets to clean this van!! bathroom thick of mould an inch thick, skirtings had turned black and carpet under rug had blue mould growing!!! I rang reception and a young lad turned up with a cloth and a bottle of spray!!!
we packed our car back up and headed for reception to be moved..... as I mentioned earlier there are never any vans to be moved to, the manager frantically rang around owners and eventually found us another caravan.
3 lights didnt work, the heaters were faulty,the toilet was blocked, it was super basic and surround by a bog!!

I give up on Cayton Bay I'm sad to say :(

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank caravannerDurham
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2010

After reading several scathing reviews on this site I have to admit I was apprehensive about my forthcoming break to Cayton Bay to say the least. One review in particular described the caravans as being 'disgusting' and 'filthy', which even made me question whether I wanted to go ahead with my holiday. I'm so glad I did. After fully expecting to open the door of the caravan and discover nothing more than squalor, and packing extra air fresheners and cleaning products in case the reviews were true, my partner and I were gobsmacked to discover that our caravan, despite being only the basic 'Bronze Standard', and despite us booking the park through a £9.50 'Sun Holiday', was absolutely lovely! It was clean thoroughout, with what looked to be new and clean furnishings, including a full oven with four rings on the hob, microwave, extensive crockery and utensils and most impressive of all- a large flat screen television. Nothing in the caravan looked 'worn' or 'tired' as some reviews had led me to expect, and all the linen was clean and fresh. Nor did the caravan 'smell bad' or 'of dogs' in any way. I began to wonder what on earth these people had been complaining about, and for the price I had paid for the holiday was extremely impressed with the standard of the accommodation.

To be fair, what do you expect? It's a caravan, it's never going to be the Hilton. So you have to be realistic. Yes, it was cold at night, and one night I found myself sleeping on the sofa in the front room with the fire on, but aside from that my partner and I were both very cosy and comfortable in the caravan and found it quite pleasant of an evening to cook a meal and watch the television together. As we do not have children, I cannot comment on the standard of the facilities for children, and we did not visit the pool as this is designed for the youngsters and the families. But we did visit the 'Showbar' on our last evening and although overpriced, found the venue pleasant and the entertainment well put together and fun for what it was.

The park is ideally located for Scarborough, which is only a ten minute drive away, and there are plenty of taxi firms available should you wish to go out for the evening and have a few drinks. We used a private hire firm called 'Nippys', which I would recommend to anyone. There is a Morrisons supermarket only five minutes away in Cayton which has everything you need, and the parks mini mart is also convenient although a little expensive!

In conclusion, ignore all the bad reviews on here and don't let them put you off. This is a perfectly adequate little park that has all you need to visit Scarborough and the surrounding areas. And if you're going on a Sun Holiday it really is excellent value for money!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kate9187
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2010

cayton bay holiday park and there caravans were discusting we would never go back or recomend it to anybody.
i say what swimming pool more like a paddle pool the complex staff were bits of kids not helpfull at all complained to complex manager as my kids were just over the hight restriction for the ball pool and this member of staff told them to get out.
when we yold him he said well they should not be in there we were here on holiday for gods sake i told him he replied you dont like it get out of complex.
i went following morning to tell the genaral manager called mr pines what had happend and now realise why it is all run by a bunch of idiots this site as he was not interested in my complaint at all no sorry or anything just walked away from us and went out to have a cig with that we all packed our bags and booked into a lovely hotel in scarborough to finish our holiday of this was only the 3rd day into our weeks holls.
we would never ever go back there as long as i live.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
7 Thank callew
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2010

excellent caravan ideal location we have just returned from a holiday here and would like to say all members of staff that we came into contact with were an asset to park resorts my grandson who holidayed with us has medical issues the staff on site helped us find the local doctor and helped us obtain an appointment for him so he was able to continue enjoying his holiday my other grandson loved the pool it was small clean and well supervised as were the activities at sparkles corner a special entertainment for under 5s the enthusiasm of the team did not go unnoticed my only bug bear was the evening entertainment it was due to start at 7.45 but was nearly 30 minutes late and as we had 2 under 2s they were getting very tired and as you can imagine they dont want to play bingo mind you neither did i howeever the adventure playground was really good and was ideal to play in while waiting for the sparkle and sparky narky on stage the site was clean but we are used to recycling can and bottles the bottle bins were always full so had to put boxes of emptiies by the side of the tubs no visit to cayton bay is complete without a visit to the towbar pub opposite the site breakfast. carvery and even takeaway pizza are available also the curry nights

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank julianna1964
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
The Crown Spa Hotel
The Sands - Sea Front Apartments
Harbourside Apartments
Harbourside Apartments
#10 of 34 in Scarborough

Been to Cayton Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!