“Faultless!!”
Review of The Chessington

The Chessington
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Scarborough
The Chessington
Ranked #151 of 183 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Faultless!!”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

From arriving to leaving the Chessington was just faultless!! for the price we paid we could have not asked for anything else.
The hotel was absolutely spotless, the bedrooms have what you need!! OK its not the Ritz but its not the Ritz price either. The breakfast was amazing enough to fill you up for the day.
Its only a 2 minute walk to the town centre and about 4 minutes from the beach front.
The host could not be any more helpful if they tried.
I will definitely be going back and recommending it to all my friends.
Very highly recommended to all.

Room Tip: If you like a bath I know room 10 had one room 7 had just a shower, but there are other rooms which...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Andy S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This hotel was in an ideal location right next to town centre but was in such a peacful location next to well mainained gardens, just lovely. Freshly decorated and maintained to a high standard this property is very well cared for by it's proud owners. My room was more than adequate in size with a great shower. At breakfast everyone was served within minutes of sitting with a hot, tasty and satisfying plateful. The waitresses and housekeeping staff were so helpful and friendly and are a credit to their employers. I will certainly be back and will be spreading the word of praise for this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Simplymo50
london
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Looking for accommodation near the station, my wife and I spotted a well-kept guest house, and enquired about booking seven nights including the spring holiday weekend. We were offered a nice first floor room, ideal for the older generation.
Even over the bank holiday, the Chessington, overlooking the Crescent gardens, although busy, was quiet and ideal for a relaxing stay. Kate and her staff made us very welcome

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rossdale6
Hull
Reviewed December 15, 2009

The room we had was quite small and dark, and the bed is rather creaky! Also the sound carries. There are steep stairs to negotiate but it's ok as long as you're fit. The breakfast wasn't too varied but the service was attentive. The location of the guest house is great, being near the station and not too far from the historic parts. Perhaps not the best value for money - if I was to stay in Scarborough again I'd try somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
merseyside
Reviewed September 16, 2009

I am a single lady and have just stayed 4 nights at this Hotel. It is in an enviable position, close to the Railway Station and bus stops that take you to Whitby and Robin Hoods Bay in one direction, and in the other direction Filey and Bridlington. Rooms have tv, kettle and hairdryerand own bathroom. Their is a small well maintained front garden with a seating area. Kate cooks a brilliant full english breakfast and is always at hand if you need her.

I would just like to say thank you to the couple who kindly picked up some literature on York for me when they visited York on Monday and kindly slid it under my bedroom door on their return. Sorry I didnt see you at breakfast yesterday, Tuesday, to say thankyou, but I set off early for my few hours in York before returning back home. (Hope they read this message !)

I conclude by saying I would definately stay at this hotel again if I was ever in Scarborough and thanks to Kate for her hospitality, and making my stay a most enjoyable one.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank JuneMerseyside
nottingham
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Advertising as a hotel but actually only has guest accommodation rating so we were really disappointed. Creaky beds and paper thin bedroom walls made for little sleep. Good location though and if you're looking for a guest house then it's OK.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple