Rose Dene
Palm Court Hotel(Scarborough)
$152
$133
The Crown Spa Hotel(Scarborough)
$187
$163
  • Breakfast included
Red Lea Hotel(Scarborough)
$88
Hackness Grange Country House Hotel(Hackness)(Great Value!)
$110
Priceline
Weston Hotel(Scarborough)
$122
Cumberland Hotel(Scarborough)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewspeasholm parkb bson michaelcereal barsbeautifully cooked breakfastbrilliant showerplenty of choice includinghome from hometom joneslocation idealbeach and town centrelovely nightroom was spotlessly cleanhelpful ownerscricket festivalmoment you arrivefresh fruit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 27, 2012

My spies told me via the internet that my favourite holiday hotel had refurbished it's rooms. I couldn't resist a flying visit on 25th / 26th February 2012 (which is well before the start of the main season at Easter). Warm welcome as usual from Sandra and Graeme - nothing being too much trouble. All rooms have been refurbished to a very high standard - everything bright and modern. Comfortable beds and flat screen t.v.'s absolutely brilliant. Our daughter loved everything ! All I can say is, look forward to seeing you in around 5 weeks time at Easter.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank toots15
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We have just returned from a lovely weekend break at The Rose Dene guesthouse. The newly refurbished rooms were very well presented. comfortable and clean. Rooms were very well equiped with freeview tv. tea and coffee making facilities ect. Sandra and Graeme were perfect hosts offering us information on things to do around Scarborough with our two small children. In the mornings we were served a beautifully cooked breakfast as well as toast and jams and a variety of cereals.Rose Dene is situated close to local amenities, and is only a short walk away from the town centre. We would definately recommend this warm, family friendly guesthouse. I am already planning my next visit!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lucykeen
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We were given a coastal breaks voucher as a present which gave us the choice of several b&b's around the country. We chose Scarborough as we hadn't been to this area for approx 20 years and thought it was time to revisit. After a little research we decided that the Rose Dene appeared to be the best choice and we weren't dissappointed. We were offered a choice of 2 rooms both of which were clean and well presented. Although we only stayed for 1 night we would have been happy to stay for more if time allowed. I would recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2011

As a motorcyclist and a single traveller it's not always easy to get a room on spec, so it was a welcome relief to turn up at Rose Dene to a warm welcome and not be charged a supplement. Also many of the B&B's in Scarborough are on a hill, making parking a bike a bit difficult whereas Rose Dene has a flat (if small) area to accommodate bikes. Additionally they have a small area behind a gate protected by a motion sensor light making parking more secure.

Sandra was really welcoming and clearly very interested in bikes as she chatted about the various bike activities in the area and gave me a couple of biker magazines to read. My accommodation was small but perfectly adequate for my needs being clean and comfortable with tea making facilities, en-suite shower/loo and TV. In fact it was like being in a palace after my previous days of camping!

On the first landing of the stairwell there is full size doll of a child facing into the wall holding a toy or puppet. This initially gave me a bit of a spook/shock, thinking there was actually a shy child there. This kind of made me think of films like The Shining or Tales Of The Unexpected with the taxidermist owner of the B&B that stuffs unsuspecting male guests. In any case it stuck in my mind and added an air of mystery/unusualness and intrigue to the place which made it more memorable. Anyway I'm still here and wasn't stuffed, so don't be alarmed, and don't be shocked if you stumble upon "the child"!

Breakfast was great, in fact on my second day I asked for a cut-down version of the cooked part as the full monty was too much for me.

All in all this was a good value and great place to spend a couple of nights while visiting Scarborough. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it and it would definitely be my first choice if visiting the area again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We stayed for 4 nights, to attend the cricket. Sandra and Graeme were very pleasant and helpful. Food was good and plentiful, and service excellent. I am 6ft + and although shower, was of necessity small, I coped ok. The possibily of a return is on the cards.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple