St Michael's Guest House
Palm Court Hotel(Scarborough)
$152
$133
The Crown Spa Hotel(Scarborough)
$187
$163
  • Breakfast included
Red Lea Hotel(Scarborough)
$88
Hackness Grange Country House Hotel(Hackness)(Great Value!)
$110
Priceline
Weston Hotel(Scarborough)
$122
Cumberland Hotel(Scarborough)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
1,023 results
All reviewsb bhospitality traynothing is too much troublebiscuitson arrivalfresh fruitwarm welcomeperfect hostslovely couplerooms are spotlessly cleanfull englishpeasholm parkcooked breakfastlittle extrascooked to perfectionhome from homebottled water
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed here for a 2 nights in January in order to visit my father in hospital. What a great find! I'd read the reviews on Tripadvisor before booking and they were all so positive. The reviews are absolutely spot-on. Jan & Ed are so warm and friendly. I arrived after 5.30pm and was offered a cuppa on arrival. What a nice thought especially after a long drive from Dorset and a visit to the hospital. My bags were taken to my room and the room had all the amenities I could wish for - ensuite, tv,free wifi and a great selection on the tea tray. The room was lovely - I got a family room all to myself - what a treat! Breakfast was huge! I made the mistake of having a bowl of fruit before the cooked meal and struggled to finish it even though it was a smaller version than what was on offer! Parking was on a permit and this was sorted at breakfast though there was no rush to place that in the car l as I had until 10am. On my return later that day I had a cuppa brought up to my room - nothing seems too much trouble. I had another super breakfast the next day and Ed offered to take my bags to the car but I'd already done that! I would thoroughly recommend this guesthouse and owners - I felt really pampered on my stay and would love to return - maybe next time with the whole of my family.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Sue L
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed at this lovely guest house when we went to see Gary Barlow. Jan & Ed the owners met us and were very welcoming and helpful. Our room was very nicely furnished and more importantly, very clean. The breakfast was exceptional, cooked by Ed. We were more than satisfied with everything and would recommend this guest house to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lesley R
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Just wanted to say what an amazing B&B this is. My friend and I travelled up from Derby on Saturday to see Gary Barlow in concert and the owners Ed and Jan could not have been more welcoming. Carried our bags, in offered us tea and coffee on arrival and Ed even drove us to the Futurist Theatre, they truly are just a lovely lovely family. We had a twin room which was spotlessly clean and had everything you could think of..lovely touch of the little chocolate for each of us sat on the bed with the newly laundered towels. Bathroom was huge not your usual broom cupboard of a bathroom which you often get in B&B's. Now on to breakfast...well what can I say it is huge and everything everyone else has written about it is so, so true..and all the ingredients were of the highest quality..none of your value bacon and sausages here and piping hot as well...Ed you certainly know how to dish up a fab brekkie..Do you want to come and make if for my family and I next Sunday lol. We only stayed one night but I feel like I know Jan and Ed and can only say do not hesitate in staying at this B&B as they truly make you feel welcome in every way. Gary Barlow and St Michaels guest house just made for a truly memorable weekend. Oh and one last thing it is excellent value as well.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank KazReading_England
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We booked fairly last minute for a weekend away on the coast and St Michael's accommodated us fantastically well - especially lucky when we later found out Gary Barlow was in concert in Scarborough that evening!

The room was exceptionally clean and the owners were very friendly & helpful - we were given up to date information on the snow situation to make sure we would be safe to travel. Knowing nothing of the area, it was great to receive so much advice and recommendations from the Ed & Jan, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Breakfast was superb and the whole stay was fantastic value for money - we hope to go back soon!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alan_Pope
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We wanted to visit Scarborough between Christmas and New Year to blow the cobwebs away. We normally stay at a different B&B in Scarborough but that was closed. How lucky were we. St Michael's was a great find. Lovely and clean with good decoration. You can tell that the owners do care about their guests with how the rooms are set out they've really paid attention to detail. The breakfast is .. well what can I say. Both myself and husband were beat. You couldn't ask for a better breakfast, we did have the full english whereas next time I think we will try something smaller! This will definitely be our choice for next time we visit the coast.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple