“A very warm welcome”

Ranked #2 of 183 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Luton, United Kingdom
“A very warm welcome”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed for 2 wet nights in July but got a very warm welcome from Ed and Jan, cup of tea and a cake was a nice touch when we arrived. A lot of effort has gone into making your stay a very pleasant experience and we cant recommend it enough, our room was clean and comfortable it was easy to park right outside, the breakfast must be one of the biggest I have had in any hotel or b&b including fruit and cereal etc as well as a fantastic full english.

1 Thank GordonLU

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2012

As someone who tours round the UK and Europe on a motorbike regular, ive stayed in alot of B&B's. Ed & Jan were the perfect hosts and could not do enough for me whilst I stayed there over the w/end. My single room was spotless and clean and a hot cuppa on arrival from Jan was just the tonic I needed after getting abit chilly riding for 3 hours through freezing fog. The B&B is ideally placed for a lovely stroll onto the promenade / beach and is only about 5 minutes ride from the Olivers Mount road race circuit that I was attending. There is onstreet parking for motorbikes / cars and Jan supplies you with a permit if you need one, but after 5pm its free anyway. I will def be going back upto the North Yorks Moors and will ALWAYS pick St.Michaels' for my base.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MotorbikeMo
Browns Bay, New Zealand
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We are visitors from New Zealand and it was our good fortune to stay at St Michael's Guest House, sadly for only one night. Parked directly outside the guest house and received a warm welcome from Ed and Jan. Our room and in fact the whole of the guest house, breakfast room etc, was spotlessly clean and beautifully furnished and decorated. In addition there was an abundance of accessories in the bedroom for teamaking etc and bubbly things in the bathroom.

The crowning glory though has to be the magnificent breakfast, cooked to perfection and having everything you could wish for on a breakfast plate. Unforgettable. As an added culinary bonus there is just down the road a fish and chip shop which provided the best fish and chip meal I have ever had. Marvellous.

Our hosts were very approachable and interested in our wellbeing and I will always from now on be following the fortunes of Peterborough United, "The Rock".

We will of course heartilly recommend this guest house to our friends and to any prospective travellers to Scarborough.

Roger and Rhyll

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Roger W
Glasgow
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I spent 4 wonderful nights at St Michaels Guest House.
On arrival I was welcomed by Thomas then Jan, the welcome is warm and friendly.
I was then shown to the dining area where I had a cup of tea and a nice chat with Jan.
I was then shown to my room a single (Room 2) on the first floor.
The room is well decorated and furnished to a high standard and everything is well coordinated.
The single bed is very comfortable which made for a good nights sleep and the bedding is good quality.
Tea and Coffee and hot chocolate with biscuits and fredo bars was replenished daily.
Wifi is available in your room with no signal issues.
The ensuite is immaculate with a good warm powerful shower, good quality towels and toiletries.
Breakfast in the morning is excellent, I had fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereal bars, tea, orange juice and toast delicious, you could also choose from a cooked breakfast.
Jan and Ed have been running the guest house for a year they are professionals friendly welcoming and cannot do enough for you, they welcome you into their home and treat you as part of their family rather than a guest.
The house throughout is immaculate they are always updating rooms and areas around the house.
I thoroughly recommend this guest house friendly, welcoming where there number one concern is the welfare and comfort of their guests.
The room rate is very reasonable.
Wishing you all the best for the future.

Room Tip: All rooms would be of a high quality.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank saltire_10
Yorkshire
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Booked this guest house in July 2012 after reading the reviews and we were not disappointed, From the minute we walked in we were made to feel at home with a very welcome cuppa. The room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean.The breakfast was well cooked and so filling we coudn't eat another thing until our evening meal. The toiletries and hospitality tray were generously re- filled every day.Nothing was too much trouble for Jan and Ed We couild go on at length but it really is"simply the best" Will definitely return and thank you to Jan and Ed for a smashing weekend break

1 Thank AmyErin2
Suffolk
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Our very first time in a B & B. and not one I was looking forward to. How wrong can you be. From the email before arrival asking if we required two singles or a double to the very warm welcome this was a truly five star experience. Help with the luggage, parking permits, discount cards on local attractions etc etc etc all were offered with sincere friendliness and a desire to make your stay enjoyable. The attention to detail was amazing! the black out blind, the iPod dock the free wi- fi all were great I especially liked the chocolate Freddos left on our second day. The breakfast was better than the five star hotel we stayed in during April. The choice , the quality and the quantity of the breakfast was first class. I will be dieting for a week to compensate our hosts even offered us a lift to the theatre when it was raining. I must mention the cleanliness of the room which was first class. Would we return 'in a heart beat ' Thank you for a very enjoyable stay we will be returning in the Autumn.

Tadcaster, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2012

After reading all the 'excellent' reviews I had my hopes set high for our family break and I was not disappointed. We had a really friendly welcome and drinks were bought to our rooms. We booked two family rooms to give us some flexibility with our three young children. As the rooms were not large this worked out well. Both rooms were spotlessly clean and there were chocolates specifically for the children - this was in addition to the many treats Ed gave them during their stay!

The breakfasts were excellent both in size and quality and there was a wide choice of food to choose from.

This would be a good B&B but what sets this B&B above all others is the relaxed, friendly atmosphere created by Ed and Jan. They had saved a parking space for us in case we had difficulty parking, Jan gave us lots of bread to feed the ducks in Peasholm Park, the rooms had lovely touches - my children liked the lighthouse on the bathroom pull cord, the hospitality trays were well stocked and refreshed, and we felt that nothing would be too much trouble.

Thank you for a great stay.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family