“Stunning” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Humble Bee Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Scarborough
Humble Bee Farm
“Stunning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

This place is just beautiful,stunning scenery,big open fields to stroll through,spotless shower/toilet block,nice little park for the kids,little pond with ducks waddling around..
Being able to pick your own fresh eggs right from the hutch for free was a nice touch,my daughter loved that.
Unfortunately some people took advantage of that by taking more than the share so we had to be on our toes to make sure our daughter didn't miss out.
Nice chippy tea in the tent from the mobile chip shop that visits site on some nights.
Perfect place for a nice quiet relaxing break away from it all.
Only faults-some camping pitches are on a bit of a slope and you receive no mobile signal whatsoever which is great if your looking to cut yourself off from the rest of the world,not so great if you need to make a quick call or send a txt.
Love the place though!

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ScarboroughCastle, Owner at Humble Bee Farm, responded to this review, January 10, 2014

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Have just arrived back from Humble Bee farm having booked a surprise two night stay glamping in a wigwam with our children. The site is extremely child friendly and our children aged 10 and 6 had great fun looking to see if the hens had laid any eggs in the mornings! It is also safe and they were able to run around and make friends with other children. The site also provided a nature trail on the Wednesday morning which our children enjoyed. We had a very friendly welcome to the site and an information leaflet was provided. We appreciated the beautiful surroundings and the quiet time after 9.00pm in the evening. Staying in a wigwam is a truely unique and special experience highly recommended and we will be back again soon.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We do hope you can join us again! It was so delightful to read your comments, thank you again.
Gomersal, Cleckheaton,United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Just come back from a 4 night August bank holiday break at Humble Bee Farm staying in a EHU tent and I cant praise this place enough. I'm a widowed mum with 3 kids aged 9, 11 and 15 and I'm just getting into camping and trying to find places that will suit everybody and I've found it in Humble Bee. I came with a friend and her 6 year old (they were in a separate tent on the opposite pitch to me) and my teenager brought a friend with him as well. I can honestly say that all of us have had a fabulous time.
The park is great and my younger two made friends instantly, making constant trips to the hens to see if they'd laid an egg (my youngest and his friend were successful in finding one freshly laid, still warm egg each). The goats and their new kids were also a constant attraction.
The shower blocks are adequate (I only tried the family one in the block behind the park), and because I was slightly later in the morning getting organised, this was free with no waiting.
John and Julia are lovely, friendly, and extremely helpful people, remembering my name and pitch as soon as I went back to the reception/shop to buy something.
The negative comments that people have put on here regarding lack of mobile signal, sloping pitches, track through the middle of the site etc may be true, but they in no way hamper what is a truly beautiful, relaxing and tranquil peace of heaven, and anybody wanting to be so pedantic as to complain about these things should really be stopping in a 5* hotel somewhere.
The fire pits on a evening (£10 per night), after your bbq are the perfect end to the day, especially if you've got your marshmallows. Again, the no music, no noise rule (after 9pm) are an added bonus for a peaceful stargazing night.
To say that our group had quite a mixed age group child wise, we spent every evening happily playing eye spy much to my amusement.
Our fellow campers were also very friendly, it's so nice to have a good morning said to you by your passing, onesie clad neighbours.
My only negative (and it is a very small one in the shape of a cockerel) is the noise he made quite early in the morning, but weirdly you get used to it after a while, and after all, it is a farm and you should expect some animal noises.
To conclude, this was a fantastic, amazing break for my family, friends and I and I will definitely be coming back again. Thanks again John and Julia

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. Much appreciated, and we hope you can join again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We've just had a lovely 4 days camping at Humble Bee Farm. It's a small site and well laid out, no getting lost on way to and from shower blocks to your tent! The chickens, goats and play area keep the children entertained, as do the various activities they hold on the farm. Our 4yr old had 2hrs of fun discovering creepy crawlies, which was free to do, but some events you have to pay for. The farm is in an ideal location for visiting all the surrounding area with beaches, a supermarket, pubs, and lots of family days out all within a short drive. Playdale Farm is a good value day out for children and is close by, and we would definitely recommend a visit.
Staff on the site were all friendly and helpful.
Only negative about this site is the number of showers and toilets available when the site is busy. Although I should say, even though the site was almost full during our stay, I never had to wait to use these facilities. Must have timed it right every time.
Would definitely recommend this site, especially to families with children, as it's a fun and safe place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013
      Cleanliness
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We do hope you can join us again! We know it takes time to write a review, so thank you!
Tadcaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed at Humble Bee Farm from 13-16th August. This was our third visit to this site and enjoyed our stay yet again!! We always get a friendly greeting and are remembered each year, the kids have a fabulous time, seeing all the animals and running around in the fresh air!! The Wigwams with a kettle, microwave and toaster are well equipped, and we take along the usual camping essentials!! We had fish and chips on Wednesday night from the van which visits the site and they were lovely!! The site is located close to Scarborough, Filey and Bridlington, and Humnamby Gap is well worth a visit! The site has a lovely, friendly atmosphere, especially when all the kids are playing together!! I highly recommend this site and I'm sure we will be back next year!! Thanks for yet another great break!!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
So much appreciated that you've written a review! And that we're keeping up the standards! Thank you!
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

After going abroad early on in the year my partner and I decided to purchase a tent and go for a cheap break in the school 6week holidays. After only 1 very small break in a local park prior to this using the tent we decided to venture a little further and found Humble Bee farm on the Internet. Being complete amateur campers we thought the whole experience would stressful having a 5 year old and 18month in tow, however it absolutely wasn't and this was mainly to do with the campsite, facilities and where we were pitched. We were in pitch 24 ehu, bang opposite the park. Great for the kiddies and great for us meaning we could watch our 5year old play while we had the dilemma of figuring out the tent erection. The facilities were brilliant. In a large block just behind the park with ladies and gents toilets and showers along with a family / disabled shower room and then a washing up area. All kept very clean and tidy. There is a fridge freezer in the wash room which was very convenient and kept very clean. The pitches are large, you do not feel cramped up against your neighbours. I would say that being across from the park is great, however it does come with the noise but it absolutely did not bother us. The louder the kiddies were suggested to me that they were enjoying themselves and I am sure that anyone with children will accept their excitement of being on holiday and be thankful for the place to burn off all their energy. The park closed at 9ish and then all fell silent. Leaving you to enjoy your evening aside a fire pit that you can hire at £10 a night. We had lots of fun toasting marshmallows and having marshmallow parties with the children.

A few things to take in to consideration before you arrive -

There is a small shop at reception selling drinks, eggs, sausages, sweets and toys / games, a little overpriced but when you have that craving for a refreshing lilt after consuming way too much of the alcoholic grape juice the previous night, I was happy to pay the £1.45. My daughter spent the most time in the shop offering to help The lady in reception.

Flip flops for the wash rooms - I unfortunately forgot mine so not only did I stand in puddles of soapy water left by the previous visitor, but I also nearly fell on my bottom a couple of times - remember your flip flops!!!!!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Humble bee farm and thank the owners for providing a wonderful, back to basics ( except for ehu) holiday for me and my family. I will definitely choose and recommend this campsite over any commercial, entertainment packed, money making - robbing you blind holiday camp ........ I think you know what I mean.

See you again soon Humble Bee!!!!

Room Tip: Top end ehu near the park is ideal.