“Definitely Recommended”

and 1 more site!
The Esplanade Hotel
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I used to live in Scarborough and my parents still do - we visit when we can. We're on a budget so were surprised when we could stay for £64 per room per night on B & B. The room awas lovely and the view absolutely stunning - I have not come across a better vista of Scarborough than the one we had this weekend. All the staff were friendly and professional. We were lucky and managed to get a space in the small free car park as well. Breakfasts were good with an ample choice of fruits cereals and a 3 cooked options as well. Thank you Esplanade Hotel and staff we hope to return soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SulynWaddon

Reviewed May 27, 2013

we decided on Sunday afternoon to pack our bags, load the car and head of to sunny Scarborough. booked this hotel while in car on drive, got last minute for £59 room only excluding breakfast.

Hotel situated close to sea, promenade etc, parking choc a bloc but then again it was a bank holiday weekend

all in all we had a pleasant stay, beds were comfortable, room clean, bathroom bit outdated could do with a bit of tlc.

Any way bob was happy cos he popped his cork.... yes folks we enjoyed a bottle of bubbly while looking out across the bay.

nice hotel, nice staff would happily visit again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vodkaveranmazdabob
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed here with my girlfriend for one night. We fancied a quick night away from Leeds, and considering the weather was warm on the bank holiday weekend we headed for Scarborough.

I think we were very lucky, we could have been given one of the best rooms in the hotel with number 118. Had a fantastic view over the bay and a little balcony. Bed was extremely comfortable, had a sofa which is always a nice bonus (if the room is big enough to accommodate a sofa easily then that's always a good sign). The bathroom was a little small and a newer shower would be better, but it was very clean.

The night porter was also brilliant. On coming back at 11:30 or so, he was more than happy to serve us a drink at the bar and was very accommodating and ran round the hotel to find us the bottle that we wanted. He couldn't find it but the effort was appreciated.

We enjoyed breakfast, not a huge selection but then that always complicates things. The quality of what we had was good.

We paid £70 for the Sunday night on a bank holiday weekend. I was happy with that.

Room Tip: 118 is a gem.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank llcooljohn
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many years ago and were very pleased to see it on a booking website meaning we would pay an affordable price. We managed to get the last room which was a twin, and were pleased to find it was very spacious, lovely and warm with very nice decor. The hotel is perhaps in need of a little update however, in the current financial climate I feel that it is providing everything needed for a pleasant stay. The breakfast was really nice and the location of the hotel provides a fabulous view across the bay. There is a balcony, where in the summer nights you can sit, enjoying a drink looking out to sea.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KarenMants
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

After reading some reviews of this hotel I was a little bit worried. Things were however a lot better than I expected. The girl on reception was friendly and polite, my room although very dated was nice and clean and had an en suite bathroom and a flat screen tv although goodness knows when the window was last cleaned!
The bed linen was nice and clean and I found the bed to be very comfortable so I had no problems getting a good night's sleep. In the morning I discovered that the dining room had a spectacular view of scarborough south bay, breakfast was served promptly too and was quite tasty.
All in all if you want to low cost place to stay in scarborough the esplanade hotel represents very good value for money and I would have no hesitation in recommending
it.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank JeffersA1
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Booked a table for 5 adults and one child for mothering Sunday lunch. We arrived a few minutes late but were greeted by warm friendly staff. We were directed to the dining room which was on the floor below. The dining room was light and nicely decorated. Our table was located next to the window and there was beautiful view of the well kept garden and the sea. The waitress informed us it was often frequented by wild life.

Lunch was 3 courses and coffee. Mothers received a glass of wine and a small box of chocolates. The small person in our party wasn't feeling too well and didn't want anything to eat. The waitresses didn't object to the child not ordering a meal but happily offered and provided orange juice, bread roll, yorkshire pudding and ice cream without charge. The meal was a typical Sunday lunch, it was good wholesome food with choices for each course. Tea and coffee was served upstairs in the lounge area. This special lunch was £14 per adult which seemed good value. There were some bottles of nice wine on offer for £9.95.
On the whole a very nice dining experience for the family. Staff were lovely, pleasant and polite and the food was good.
There certainly has been some upgrading of facilities, i.e. decor and toilets. I can't comment on the bedrooms but generally has much improved since my last visit there. From what I saw I would book a room there and it certainly outshines some of the accommodation I have stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2013

arrived thurs 21st feb early evening girl on reception was friendly and helpful we had a seaview room nice and warm and clean for 49pound very good value for money will stay here again next time i am in scarborough thank you very much to all the staff at the esplanade

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple