The Esplanade Hotel
  • Restaurant
$80
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
The Crown Spa Hotel(Scarborough)
$198
Red Lea Hotel(Scarborough)
$99
Weston Hotel(Scarborough)
$121
Hackness Grange Country House Hotel(Hackness)(Great Value!)
$109
$106
Orbitz.com
All reviewsdining roomturkey tinselbit datedsea viewmobility problemstwin rooman updatesuperb viewscoach holidayscarborough baylarge hotelcleaning staffthe clifflovely hotellick of paintvisited this hotelroom was clean and comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The Esplanade is almost constantly empty, which creates no atmosphere. I have been to the Turkey & Tinsel a few times and some of the 'acts' have been cancelled due to insufficient numbers. The rooms are on the shabby side and are crying out for re-decoration. The hotel also holds a queer smell. The views from the rooms, however, are quite nice - some have a sea view.

Room Tip: Choose one with a sea view. Stay away from the top floor as it is cold and damp and not many people stay on there.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kathy W
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I read some reviews on this hotel before we arrived and they made me a little wary. When i got there I was greeted by a very friendly receptionist who was very warm and inviting. Our room was lovely with superb views across the bay. It was clean and had all the facilities expected of a 3 star hotel. We were there for a murder mystery weekend and the kitchen was catering for 90 plus people with a 4 course meal. They did an excellent job and the food was simply wonderful. The staff were efficient and friendly. I cannot praise them enough. We had a really fun weekend with the cast doing a fine job with the murder plot. What a lovely weekend, we shall certainly be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the bay, it's superb.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank david1Wakefield
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The bedroom was a good size and the beds clean and comfortable. The bathroom was rather cold probably because of the large window.
There was a good choice for breakfast; fruit, yoghurt, cereals and porridge and a full cooked breakfast with an alternative of kippers.
Reception staff were OK, particularly Helen who was very friendly and helpful.
There are several comfortable lounge areas with tremendous views of the harbour and seafront.
This is one of the few hotels, in this area, which actually has a car park, albeit rather small. When we stayed there were two coach parties and the coaches restricted the space available but we just parked on the street outside the hotel. This really wasn't a problem.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank billtheblue
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My Partner & I have just returned from a 2 night Groupon Deal. Cannot understand the previous negative reviews. The reception area & lounges had a warm comfortable feel to them. The dining room looked as if it had been refurbished & had spectacular views over the harbour & castle.Both the evening meal & breakfast were very good with generous portions. Service was effecient & friendly. Good sized bedroom & bathroom. Twin beds were comfortable. Some negatives however. The sink in the bathroom had a couple of cracks in it. Window frames were old & had a draught coming through, but when thick curtains were drawn this was no problem.There was only one light situated near the window which meant that some parts of the room were rather dark. Another light would be useful.The Hotel is large & old & maybe could do with a makeover in parts. Overall however we were pleased with our stay & would not hesitate to return in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Paul P
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I booked a weekend break to esplanade Scarborough .
We were delayed by an accident on the motorway. We arrived at 8.30pm .
I rang the hotel earlier to book our meal.
I was told by the manager that the restaurant would close at 7.45pm.
I asked her to be a bit flexible.
She said no .
I said that we had already paid for this. Her reply was you can have a salad. By this time we were tired and hungry.
But still no meal was going to happen for us.
The car park was full and we were told to triple park.
When we booked in. The receptionist was unhelpful, she gave us our keys.
We were given our salad at the bar.
I went up to the room and it was the wrong room it was a double bed and I had asked for a twin room,
I again asked her if we could change she snapped at me and said no they were fully booked.
I explained we need this sorted due to medical reasons
Reply nothing I can do.
Wait for the best part of this story .
My husband joined me and I lay on the bed and my husband sat on it. It collapsed and a wooden bit bit feel of the wall and hit me on the head.
We decided we were going home.
On the way out I said to the receptionist that we were leaving she said good bye and good riddens
I was appalled by the way we were treated as paying customer.
I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't ask for any thing are you will get you will be snapped by the receptionist and manager. Check before you book on what you are entitled to.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple