“Good Standard”

Taste Restaurant and Cafe Bar
Ranked #110 of 355 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ossett, United Kingdom
“Good Standard”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Dined here on an evening with young children.
Didn't have a booking but were quickly accommodated.

A very good menu with a wide choice of meals from sandwich style meals to traditional dining.
We ordered baguettes which were very good indeed and a decent portion..
Service was excellent, efficient and friendly.

Would come again and try the full menu.

• Visited March 2014

Dunbar E Lothian
“great”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

excellent food we had lunch here and came back next day for tea would recommend it also good location

Visited October 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“crown spa”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

lovely food and great service a little expensive though they also do a lovely english breakfast and continental as well

Visited December 2013
scarborough
“Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We book'd a birthday meal on sunday 24th Nov for the daughter, Four of us went sunday evening what a fantastic time we had and I must say it was all down the waiter call'd david he made the evening, He is 100% credit to the hotel , its a pitty there's not more people around giving service like he does, Thanks, With the kind or service he gives yes we will be going back.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,119 helpful votes
“Dirty”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Given I was a guest for dinner, I wasn't going to review my most recent visit however having read the sort of comments David Chambers, the boss of this hotel, makes to people who complain on Tripadvisor, I was reminded me of how he shouted at me in front of my 9 year old daughter after I endured the worst hotel stay of my life (and I've stayed at thousands of hotels during my 60 years) and dared to complain.

At dinner I was hoping my host would complain so that I could again see David Chambers in action. Alas it was not to be. The carpet was dirty......my shoe almost stuck to it. The cutlery was dirty (I changed mine twice......don't eat here without inspecting it first). We had a drink in the bar first....the glasses were dirty. The food was only just tolerable however I worried about what had happened to the ingredients between there arriving in the kitchen and ending up on my plate. Giles Coren's recent book about what goes on in kitchens came to mind and I hoped I had not been recognised (Giles wrote about the chef of Dome in Hampstead NW3 wiping steaks on the floor before serving them.....he should know as he used to work there).

Most of the staff looked miserable. I guess they also get shouted at.

I stayed at this hotel when it very first opened and it was lovely. I stayed again about 15 years ago and it had gone down-hill substantially. My previous stay was beyond-belief dreadful and now this dinner reminded me of my previous stay. It had not improved. Then again...it's cheap and that is because it has gone down market.

2 Thank BarryAscot