“Lovely stay - Michelle, Mark and Darcey”
Review of Cavendish Hotel

Cavendish Hotel
Ranked #23 of 183 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We had a great stay with our daughter. The hotel is away from the town centre. Lovely and quiet. Great hospitality, very clean and excellent rooms. Would recommend to family and friends and would definately use again.

Room Tip: Our family room was excellent
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mark O

Reviewed July 30, 2012

What can I say - this hotel is truly amazing and, I have to say, one of the best places that my family and I have ever stayed at at the English Seaside. Robert and Joanna are a lovely couple who go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible from the beautifully laid out and clean, comfortable bedrooms to the absolutely exceptional and undeniably fabulous meals that they provide which are all freshly cooked from scratch. I will certainly be recommending them to everyone I know. I must say that we were reluctant to leave. Thanks again!

Victoria and family from Tamworth

Room Tip: All fabulous
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Victoria B
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stayed here a couple of times over the past few weeks for work reasons and returning this week for 3 further nights...the owners do make my stay very comfortable and relaxing whilst I am here. The owners Robert and Joanna are attentive but also appreciate when you have work to do or wind-down time to catch-up on. Breakfast is superb...great choice and quality and cooked the way you like it...same applies to dinner. Rooms are clean and comfortable with wifi too...essential for work. The place truly beats some of the other hotels available in the area...I advise you to stay at The Cavendish without hesitation! Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mrerich
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Having read the past reviews we were inevitably drawn to try this hotel. Not a lot I can add to the existing reviews apart from confirming everything peviously stated apart from the one exception which is negative but actually referred to the previous owner. Everything about the hotel is geared to making your stay as pleasant as possible with a superb friendly atmosphere. Joanna and Robert could not be better hosts and you will travel a long way before you will see the like of it. Remember to ask for english mustard with your black pudding!!. A delight.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stan S
Reviewed May 3, 2012

My wife and I have just spent five nights at the CAVENDISH. it was the first occasion we had stayed there and the first in Scarborough for many years.

The host's Joanna and Robert could not have been more helpful,nothing was to much trouble.

The hotel was so very clean spacious and comfortable. Both of the hosts had great senses of humour .I know a little about food and its preparation so was both surprised and very happy with the breakfasts and evening meals. The preparation could only have been done by a very experienced person who so enjoyed his work. Food so well prepared and so tasty to eat deserves to be praised to the highest of pleasures and would grace any restaurent of a high standing.

My wife and I thank you for our stay and we left feeling so refreshed. will return.

Room Tip: Try and read what customers have said about your choice of holiday. If some one can take the tme and...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank roy f
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I have just had a weekend with my brothers and sisters 8 of us in total ,this hotel was great ,very clean and spacious rooms with all the creature comforts and extras you dont normally get ,the breakfast was superb withh a fantastic choice but as i am trying to cut down i just had the fresh fruit and yogurts and cereals and the full english and toast and i dont think i need to eat again in my life it was excellent ,all of my family loved it and robert and joanna made us all very welcome ,robert is a chef and allthough we did not have an evening meal i spoke to a couple who had and they said it was a lovelly meal well presented and excellently cooked ,next time i stay i will deferenetly have a meal,we were given on street parking passes and the walk to the beach and town is a pleasent one ,there are a couple of pubs near by and we had a great friendly time in them to ,i highly reccommend this roomy friendly hotel to anyone going to scarborough because i will not be staying anywhere else whan i go again ,
thanks robert & jo for a great weekend

Room Tip: all rooms are great ,i had the biggest one though lol
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank scottyTeeside
Reviewed April 29, 2012

The Cavendish is ran by a lovely couple Joanna and Robert. They are attentive but not over the top. The accommodation is clean and tidy and the rooms are a good size. Value for money is excellent and you get a good breakfast that will last you all day. Its about a 10 -15 min stroll from the town but that suited us all fine. Its a massive place with great character. There was plenty of on street parking and Jo made sure we all had the appropriate passes displayed to keep the pesky wardens away. They have really thought about their guests and the little touches are noted.Over all a great stay in one of the uk's oldest sea side towns. We all said we would come back again. We were a party of 8 in 4 rooms. 27-29 April 2012

Room Tip: My brother and sister in law had room number 5 and its huge !
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family