“Excellent value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Moorings

The Moorings
The Moorings
Ranked #110 of 182 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Co. Durham
“Excellent value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Myself and two friends stayed for one night as attending a colleagues retirement party - found many places would only take a two night booking so were pleased The Moorings are more flexible than most! Rooms very clean, fully equipped and beds comfortable. Breakfast was very good quality and owners friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank NUFCCo_Durham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
notts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

stayed here for one night. great B&B in perfect location. lovely clean room and wonderful choice of food at breakfast. would not hesitate to recommend this place. situated in north bay near to the seafront and a short walk to a lovely park. easy to get to south beach on open top bus.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hartlepool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed a Saturday night, hadn't booked before hand but were fortunate there was a room available. Bright clean and fresh smelling room. On site parking, a nice walk to main beach area of Scarborough. A good nights sleep followed by a good breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JueHartlepool
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

A one night stay in Scarborough in July is sometimes difficult. I only booked two rooms a couple of days before. I also need off street parking. Pat & Derek were ever so helpful and friendly in meeting my needs. The Moorings is clean bright friendly and comfortable. We were taking part in a "Coast to Coast" Classic car run leaving Morecambe at 0830. Arriving at the Moorings 10 hours later we were made welcome, shown straight to our comfortable rooms and were able to park the cars off road behind the hotel. Breakfast was hearty affair with plenty of everything so we were set up for the next day!
Definitely will return to the Moorings

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Rotherham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

We wanted three rooms for just a Saturday night which we found nearly impossible to book in Scarborough. We were fortunate in being able to stay at The Moorings. We arrived during the evening after a trip on the North Yorks railway. We received a friendly welcome, nice clean rooms and thankfully somewhere to park the car. The beds were comfortable, fresh smelling linen and towels, plenty of tea and coffee in the rooms, followed by a hearty breakfast to set us on our way the next morning. Ideal. We shall return.

Room Tip: If you want a large room pay the little extra otherwise the smaller rooms are ideal for an overnight...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank EmmaRotherham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

My two daughters and I needed a one night stay in Scarborough as we were watching a concert at Scarborough's Open Air Theatre. After reading reviews we booked The Moorings which was directly over the road from the theatre. We received a very friendly welcome. The room was lovely and clean with extremely comfortable beds! Breakfast was great with a huge choice and lovely food. Cereals, yogurts, fruits, fresh juice, full English cooked breakfast so we had a great breakfast which saw us through our long journey home. Fantastic value for money and would certainly stay again.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank amme987
Northwich, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

I had a wedding to go to bank holiday Saturday this August at The Spa Complex and I was intending to travel from Cheshire to Scarborough and back home again in one night, mainly due to the fact I couldn't find anywhere without paying over the odds or having to stay 2+ nights. I booked The Moorings with a few days to spare and I rang them immediately after booking to ask if I could have my room for midday, even though check-in wasn't until 3pm (The wedding started at 2pm!). The owners were brilliant and informed me that I was more than welcome to drop my stuff off, even if the room wasn't ready. When I turned up just after 12pm, a warm and friendly face greeted me and told me my room was all ready for me. How much better can it get? The owners are really lovely, asking me where I was off to etc (as I stood in their hall in a red floor length dress! Don't think they often see that!) my room was clean, my en-suite was lovely and spacious and my bed and bedding was lovely, clean and comfortable. They had even put toiletries in the bathroom, had fresh towels on the bed, and also had decent coffee's and tea's and a pack of cookies in my room, so when I came in late from the wedding, I just had to flick the switch, make a brew and snuggle up in bed! The only slight downfall, and I mean really slight, was my room must have been near the main road, and because it was a warm evening I left my window open and there was a little traffic noise but nothing too major. I didn't stop for breakfast so I can't comment on that, but other than that I was very happy with my stay and really glad I chose to stop over!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo