“Clean, comfortable and friendly.”
Review of The Moorings

The Moorings
The Moorings
Ranked #113 of 183 Scarborough B&B and Inns
“Clean, comfortable and friendly.”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My two daughters and I needed a one night stay in Scarborough as we were watching a concert at Scarborough's Open Air Theatre. After reading reviews we booked The Moorings which was directly over the road from the theatre. We received a very friendly welcome. The room was lovely and clean with extremely comfortable beds! Breakfast was great with a huge choice and lovely food. Cereals, yogurts, fruits, fresh juice, full English cooked breakfast so we had a great breakfast which saw us through our long journey home. Fantastic value for money and would certainly stay again.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank amme987

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Northwich, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I had a wedding to go to bank holiday Saturday this August at The Spa Complex and I was intending to travel from Cheshire to Scarborough and back home again in one night, mainly due to the fact I couldn't find anywhere without paying over the odds or having to stay 2+ nights. I booked The Moorings with a few days to spare and I rang them immediately after booking to ask if I could have my room for midday, even though check-in wasn't until 3pm (The wedding started at 2pm!). The owners were brilliant and informed me that I was more than welcome to drop my stuff off, even if the room wasn't ready. When I turned up just after 12pm, a warm and friendly face greeted me and told me my room was all ready for me. How much better can it get? The owners are really lovely, asking me where I was off to etc (as I stood in their hall in a red floor length dress! Don't think they often see that!) my room was clean, my en-suite was lovely and spacious and my bed and bedding was lovely, clean and comfortable. They had even put toiletries in the bathroom, had fresh towels on the bed, and also had decent coffee's and tea's and a pack of cookies in my room, so when I came in late from the wedding, I just had to flick the switch, make a brew and snuggle up in bed! The only slight downfall, and I mean really slight, was my room must have been near the main road, and because it was a warm evening I left my window open and there was a little traffic noise but nothing too major. I didn't stop for breakfast so I can't comment on that, but other than that I was very happy with my stay and really glad I chose to stop over!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank MissSJC90
middlesbrough
Reviewed February 4, 2011

We stayed for two nights mid january. All aspects - friendliness of owners,the breakfast and the room etc all 100% (at least ).We do plan to stay there again.

ebboro

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank eddie040
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Having been let down by the apartment we had booked elsewhere, we happened upon The Moorings in Burniston Road. It was quiet so we were offered alternative rooms and invited to see them before deciding. This guest house was pleasant, clean, brightly decorated and welcoming. There was a private car park and it was within easy walking distance of Peasholm Park, the open-air theatre and the "Corner cafe" area and beach. Our hosts were friendly and helpful, the room / suite was spacious, with a bedroom and a small lounge with TV and a fridge and tea / coffee facilities. We were allowed to use the dining room to eat our own food if we wished. There was a small patio area at the front where you could relax with a glass of wine. Free wifi internet was available. I would definitely go back there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank caslad
seaham,durham
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We called on spec to book a family room we were invited to inspect the room before we agreed to take it, the room was spacious and immaculetly clean, with en-suite, the tv provided had freeview giving more choice for viewing which is a plus if the weather is bad.The hospitality is superb making us feel extremely welcome throughout our stay, we even had a takeaway delivered on our last night and were asked if we would like any plates, cutelry to eat it with and use of the dining room but we chose to eat it alfresco as the patio area is nicely furnished,comfortable and sheltered. My wife thought the best touch off all was at breakfast which included melon balls, marmite and choice of fruit teas, the full English is a must, our little girl had a good breakfast also starting with a cereal followed by a soft boiled egg and soilders, with a strawberry yoghurt and she never left a thing not bad for a 5 year old

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank bigmackem
wigan
Reviewed July 12, 2009

stay at the moorings for one night rooms very clean and tidy modern furnature and well decorated .our stay was for four motorcyclists accomadation was very very good value for money nice location just out of town ample free parking will defo return for another great weekend away in scarborough

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends