The Captain Hotel B & B
$145
The Esplanade Hotel(Scarborough)
$103
$98
Ainsley Court Guest House(Scarborough)(Great Value!)
$59
$173
Ambassador Hotel(Scarborough)
$77
$74
The Crown Spa Hotel(Scarborough)
$558
$85
  • Pool
$90
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This it what the reviews are all abouit..Well. Lets tell the truth about this hotel.. Firstly, let’s put one thing straight, we have stayed in this hotel 4 times over the past years under the previous owners, with exceptional service & quality, so We decided to book again this year August 2012. Well where do I start. On arrival before we even got to see the room we booked, we were asked to pay the Full amount for our stay in FULL. The hotel had a strange smell about it, we then saw the hotel dog!. We stayed in the attic family room, to be honest it was fairly clean, we left our bags & went into the town for our tea. It was only when we returned later that night the problems started, despite the musty smell, when we went to the toilet, it wouldn’t flush... which left a problem!. We had to fill the kettle from the sink & flush it away.. . major problem with 2 adults & children. In the morning my wife tried to have a shower, but the water just dribbled out, there was no pressure at all, she ended up having a brief wash in the sink & I had to rinse her hair over the sink with one of the cups In the room.In the morning before we had breakfast we mentioned It to the owner & he said we should have a shower at night when we returned to the hotel after our night out, as other guests would be having there’s in the morning’s. In 25 years of going to B&B’s this was the WORST breakfast we have ever had. No choice of cereal, only corn flakes or museley, no fruit, or yoghurt!. The table was set as it was from the 1970’s. Nothing matched at all, when the breakfast finally came after a considerable wait, it was served on COLD clear Pyrex plates. One crappy farm food sausage, 1 strips of bacon with more fat than meat, fried egg, about 4 mushrooms all chopped up into a mush,Tined Tomato’s. & a table spoon of cold beans, What a load of rubbish !!!. We ordered a pot of tea for two. It came with only 1 tea bag inside the teapot, (weak is an understatement). The toast came next, 4 FULL slices not sliced, in a toast rack, There was only just enough butter for 2 slices. Honestly this is the truth, worst breakfast we have ever encountered. After staying just one more night, we told the owner that we were disappointed with the room/ facilities & the breakfast, & we were going to move on to another hotel in nearby Whitby. He admitted that they have had problems with the plumbing with other guests, surly that would have give him some inclination to get it sorted. He then gave as a refund by cheque! For the remainder of our stay. We then went to Whitby & found an absolutely wonderful B & B called The Grove... Which was 100% better than the Caption Hotel. My advice to anyone thinking of stopping in Scarborough is to avoid the Captain Hotel at all costs.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank TheRobertsFamily-47
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We picked a really bad weekend to find accommodation so this one was picked without research. The two calls I had with the owner were positive and he offered me a quiet family room for two of us at no extra cost. When we arrived we were early but he soon sorted out parking permits for us and when we returned later to place our luggage in the room everything was fine.

Despite its very central location the room was quiet. Breakfast was adequate, served in a cosy breakfast room and the staff were very polite and helpful. Being close to everything we wanted to see was a bonus and overall, for the money, this was a good find. This is a B&B, not a hotel, but came up to our standards. If you want to "nit pick" then not everything was 100% perfect, but you should not expect that. The main things were that it was clean, centrally located, value for money and the owners were helpful. I would not hesitate to recommend this B&B, if these are the things that you are looking for.

Room Tip: Take one at the back, the higher the better if you don't mind stairs.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveller69Phuket
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I had to go to Scarborough on business recently at short notice, I came across this place on the net. When I arrived I most most pleasantly surprised byhow nice and the cleanliness of the place, my room was lovely, the whole property has been decorated beautifully, (congratulations to the painter and decorator who did this, its superb work) The couple running the Captain Hotel are super friendly, nothing was too much trouble even to the point the lady gve me a packed lunch to take with me as I had to leave very early on my day of departure. Anyone visiting Scarborough will not go wrong staying here, this an excellent place to stay, well positioned, good breakfast and superb value for money. Well done to the owners, you are a credit to Scarborough

Room Tip: I did not see all the rooms but I am sure they are all as excellent as the one I stayed in
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 932ChrisB
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We said when we revisited Scarborough we would definitely stay at the Captain Hotel B & B again and we were so pleased that we did. Please read my review from 2010 I can only echo what I originally wrote two years ago- this is still a very comfortable, clean and welcoming B & B offering outstanding value for money. Very surprisingly there had been no price rise since we stayed previously. We arrived later on the Friday evening and received a warm welcome and great advice about parking and the permits etc. We had a pleasant room on the first floor at the back of the hotel, with a nice hot shower and everything you should need for a comfortable break.
The owners are a cheery, friendly couple and it was so nice to see them again, working equally as hard as they did before to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. There is a nice relaxed and homely atmosphere when staying here.
Breakfast was great, we had weetabix and muesli, fresh orange juice, tea and coffee- followed by a tasty English breakfast, the bacon was locally sourced and the eggs free range which you could tell with the flavour. Toast and preserves finished the meal with the offer of further toast and drinks if required.
As many other people have said the hotel is ideally placed for access to everything. We wanted a break that was town and seafront based so didn't have to move the car once everything is easily accessible by foot and on the doorstep.
We don't often write reviews on places that we stay, only when the genuine hospitality is deserving of a mention and the Captain Hotel certainly is.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank t_bird31_12
Reviewed March 17, 2012

This is a lovely little place, right in the middle of town, pubs and bars all within walking distance. Its very very close to the train station and only a 5min walk down the hill to the sea front. Plenty of shops nearby and mecca bingo is opposite. We came for a break without the kids and loved it. The owners seem very friendly and couldnt do enough to help us. The rooms were decent size the bed was comfy and clean. All in all we would return (and probably will) definitely worth the money!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple