“Appalling service and terrible food.”
Review of Indian Rose Brasserie - CLOSED

Indian Rose Brasserie
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Appalling service and terrible food.”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Ordered popadom and pickles which never arrived, and after a mediocre starter waited nearly an hour for the main course before we were asked if we had enjoyed it, our reply we hadn't even had it yet!
After a further 10 mins the food arrived and the sauce tasted like tomato soup with slightly flavoured meat in it. Left about half of the main course and just asked for the bill as didn't want to stay in there any longer.
We were given a free Bailey's and Whisky as a sort of apology, but to be honest that was the only good thing about the whole place.
I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone as the staff seem scarred to talk to customers and just look round like rabbits in headlights and I gave no idea who was supposed to be in charge.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Mark B

north yorkshire, uk
“Shambolic takeaway service”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

This review is about the TAKEAWAY SERVICE ONLY.

My husband and our two friends were unavoidably let down at last minute by our favourite restaurant where we had booked for Valentines day due to personal circumstances. Due to the torrential weather, we decided that we would not go out, but have drinks and a takeaway at home from Indian Rose....what a mistake THAT was!
We ordered our food online at 8pm through the Just Eat site and received an instant message telling us the food would be delivered at 8.40pm, which was fine with us......as previously mentioned the weather was horrendous and we expected them to be busy.
At 9.10pm, my husband called the restaurant to ask where our order was as it was by now 30 minutes late. He was told the driver had set off with it 10 minutes before and it should be with us soon.
At 9.25pm my husband called again....this time was told the driver was just leaving the restaurant with our order!!! By this time we were very hungry and my husband was angry and asked why he had been lied to in the previous phone call......the chap on the end of the line hung up!!
Our food arrived 10 minutes later, an hour and a half after ordering and almost an hour later than the original stated delivery time. A starter, a main course and a naan bread were missing, the rest was so cold it had to be put in the oven for 20 minutes to warm up. When my husband phoned up to complain, he was told that they would send the missing dishes but it would be another hour! The restaurant staff member was rude and shouted at my husband, telling him they were busy and hung up again! The restaurant then called back (obviously realising shouting at and hanging up on customers does not make good business sense!) and my husband asked for a refund, which to be fair to them, the driver brought round within 5 minutes, but this was only after my husband had threatened to get a taxi down to the restaurant for our refund, and charge them for the return taxi fair!
Absolute waste of time, ruined our evening with friends, will never darken the doorstep of this place again! Just Eat should remove them from their site, they clearly can't cope with the extra business.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank kris g
Leeds, United Kingdom
“not impressed very bland”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

nice staff, nice starter ,poor décor, horrid toilets. main course was soooooo bland my hubby and i decided to go half way through, we were offered a doggy bag but explained how bland the 2 meals were, so declined, i was offered pepper sauce to inject some spice, i declined, we were offered a free drink but just wanted to go. we were not offered a discount, very poor. such a let down, would never go back .

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank naomic21
Scarborough, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food really friendly staff”
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here many times and it never disappoints the food is superb last time we visited we were a party of six all had quality tasty food this is brilliant food at very good value Also we frequently get takeaway meals and again they are faultless best Indian in the Scarborough area

Bury
“Best in Scarborough”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I'm often in Scarborough on Business and always head to the India rose if having Indian food. It's consistently good and anyone I have ever taken there has enjoyed it. Paul colleague and I had a great meal here on Wednesday.

Try the Shashlick Bhuna

Great value for money also

• Visited November 2013