“Good value pub.”

Cuisines: British, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This pub is friendly and clean with a very good choice of drinks at the bar.The menu is very good with a good choice on the specials board,the food itself is very good for "pub grub" in fact I had one of the nicest mixed grills I've had,& I've had a few.It isn't over expensive,so all in all well worth a visit.

There are newer reviews for The Cask Inn

Reviewed June 2, 2013

If you have a hearty appetite and want good value for money, this is the place to go. We ordered two mixed grills which to be honest, one would have been enough to feed the two of us! It was very reasonably priced and the service very good. The pub itself seems to attract a lot of students giving it a lively atmosphere. Dont expect the Ritz but it was very clean and the staff very welcoming. I would certainly go back.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Was staying at the Esplanade so this pub was the first we found after a short walk, good atmosphere albeit a little noisy (something to do with the football). Ordered the food, took about 15-20 minutes to arrive, no problems with any of it, 2 steaks and a sharing platter of fajitas, good value for what we got, when ordering drinks at the bar, the service was a little sporadic, didn't appear to know who was next or to look around the side where the diners are to check no-one was waiting, that aside, an enjoyable evening.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

It is a decent pub with decent service and reasonable prices. Nothing wrong with it at all just nothing exceptional is all. If you are near there pop in but I wouldnt make it the highlight of my night out thats all.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Called into the Cask Inn for an evening meal and was very pleasantly surprised by the quality and value of the food. I had the lasagne which was a very generous portion and extremely tasty and was served with garlic bread and salad which I was pleased about as quite a lot of pubs insist on serving it with chips which I always feel is a bit unnecessary. My husband had the chilli burger which he thoroughly enjoyed. Service was quick and very friendly. Drinks were also very good quality.
If I had one minor complaint it was that after eating we had settled down to watch the football match along with quite a few other people when a guy walked into the bar and told us we would have to move as he was doing "open mike". As most of the people in the bar were watching the football this seemed a little strange. I can only assume it is a regular monday night thing but if that is the case they should have some kind of notice stating that after a certain time some of the seats are off limits. Nothing had been mentioned to us by the bar staff when they had served our food. This aside we enjoyed our visit.