Rivelyn Hotel
$145
The Esplanade Hotel(Scarborough)
$103
$98
Ainsley Court Guest House(Scarborough)(Great Value!)
$59
$173
Ambassador Hotel(Scarborough)
$77
$74
The Crown Spa Hotel(Scarborough)
$558
$85
  • Pool
$90
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscontinental breakfastreal aleshower and toiletbudget roombeds were comfortableparking discthree nightsfull englishdouble roomtown centredog friendly hotelbar pricesenjoyed our stayflat screen tvtea coffeeweekend breakstreet parking
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival the lady at reception claimed that I had not paid, despite booking and paying in advance, and extorted the £76 out of me again, this is now with the bank for a chargeback claim.

The room was dusty and the toilet could barely fit a size 12 lass in let alone a fat man like myself, the showers never had hot water, and the kettle just did not work.

The room was hot and the window could not be opened and there is a very loud pub across the road and downstairs in the hotel itself playing music till the wee hours, and with no double glazing it will keep you awake!

Breakfast was frankly crap, some little boxes of cereal, some dubious looking yogurts, toasters that don't work, a tea run that never had hot water in it and fruit juice in shot glasses! Oh and no milk ever!

They have a lift, just don't expect to use it as the cleaners keep the door jammed open so they don't have to climb stairs, so it's not at all disabled friendly.

Oh and the wifi password is the price of a pint, hardly professional at all and really the price is ordinary at least in Newcastle.

Just save your money and go elsewhere this place is a dump, and hopefully will shut down soon and get new management, it has potential to be nice, but the guys running it seem more interested in the pub.

Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank Colnortheast
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Not wot I would call a relaxing break, hardly slept due to the noise of the seagulls, there everywhere, Room was not up to standard , tiny bathroom with no sink ( which was in the bedroom next to table and tv ) shower head was not fitted to wall so had to hold it to shower. The staff were all very friendly, continental breakfast was sufficient , plenty to choose from, hubby had a full English (4.50) extra would of done 2 people. This hotel wouldn't be my choice to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank leeandcathywilliams
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I stayed here for two nights on Boxing day and it was probably the worst hotel stay I have ever had in this country. It was that poor I couldn't even be bothered to write up a review on Trip Advisor and had totally forgotten about it until I saw that a review had been written on here three days ago by 'Diane M' and I thought there were so many similarities from her stay that her review could have been written by me.
There was no reception service when I arrived and I had to go to the bar to get my keys.
The bedroom left a lot to be desired and has not been renovated in years. It seems to be one of those 1960's style hotels with no updating done since only decorating.
My room was a double with a sink in the corner near the window (no double glazing and window had to be left open to stop condensation). The sink must have been 30 - 40 years old and the room so old fashioned and 'Chintzy'.
There was a lot of dusty surfaces so much I wrote in the dust on the TV stand and took a pic The toilet and shower were both together through an opening or door in one of the walls and there was no room in there at all. I do not think it is very hygienic to have the toilet so close to the shower in a small confined space.
I could not have a shower that first night as there was no hot water to the shower.
I got up the next morning and the same again no hot water in the shower. I managed to have a wash in the sink as there was hot water to the sink.
There was coffee and tea making sachets etc, but ones I used were not even replaced the next day. The only good point was that the sheets were clean.
I went down for breakfast and again I could not complain to anyone as the reception was still closed (0830 hours).
The breakfast room in the basement was very shabby and untidy with lost of mess left on the tables, just a few stale slices with which to make toast. Drinks of juice were already poured into small glasses in the fridge (one with a hair on it). I just did not feel comfortable eating in there.
Having had breakfast I went to reception and spoke to a staff member who just gave me an explanation that the water is on two different systems hence no water in the shower but hot water in the sink. No real apology. I waited for an hour or so and still no hot water, so I decided to go for a walk. On my return an hour or so later there was eventually hot water, but this was no good as what If I had wanted to go out for the day early, hot water is an essential in this day and age. The same occurred on my second day and I complained again (after breakfast when a staff member arrived) and the same occurred again it came back on a while later.
I really expected the staff to whom I complained giving me some form of refund for the poor service but that never materialised.
A comparative price was a stay in a nearby Premier Inn or Travelodge, which although do not include breakfast in the price are far more cleaner.
I do not try to leave bad reviews as I am not vindictive but this hotel does not deserve a good review, not even a standard review just a poor one.
I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Do not think there will be any good rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Didimers
Reviewed June 30, 2014

It was ok the staff seen nice but im being honest as I can be beds was comfy tv was good but the curtains was to small for the window there was no curtain on the window in the toilet the window was see through sumbody outside cud see ya if they was lookin toilet looked out dated the bar was good apart from they need put a new tv in there we put football on other nite and half screen was missing sayin all that I had a good time just mixed feelins about the hotel

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank amjbeck
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights while on business and were sadly disappointed. We were booked in by a member of staff that finally spotted us (day staff) since no evening staff could be found. She was actually the nicest part of our stay with her pleasant manner. The hotel is run down but that could be excused. What really couldn't was the lack of any hot water. The bathroom left a lot to be desired with a hand held shower head and an undersized bath and nobody wants to start their day with a cold bath. I opted not to try to stand and use the hand shower since there was also no shower curtain. The toilet is shoe-horned beside the bath and wall and anybody larger than my size 14 would struggle to get seated! There is a fan heater attached to the wall of the bathroom. The bed was comfortable and clean and the TV showed satellite channels, there was also tea/coffee/hot choc and kettle provided although a spoon might have been a good idea! Breakfast was in the basement and anybody could just walk off the street because once again there were no staff to be seen. The tables were grubby with left over crumbs everywhere and my chair had a rather dubious stain on it. The choice of food was pretty dismal, the usual cereal then hunt for some milk, two standard toasters that either gave you warm bread or wouldn't release your burnt toast, a mini fridge with shot glasses filled with fruit juice - let's hope you aren't thirsty if you're not a tea drinker. Our bed was made while we were out during the day and the bins emptied. If you wanted a good nights sleep simply don't stay here - it's right across the road from a busy pub that plays loud music to the early hours and then at kicking out time there seems to be a lot of drunken arguments too and since there is no double glazing you can't but hear everything! All in all this has to be the worst hotel I've stayed in and my husband and I travel half the weeks of the year.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business