Stayed here three days in April and really enjoyed it. Totally relaxing, and came away a few pounds heavier. Most guests are on the senior side so this is a quiet place, and many are repeat visitors. Super clean and comfortable room with a view right across the beach. Breakfast is a great start to the day; afternoon tea is a treat; and the dinners are imaginative and very well prepared. The staff are extremely attentive and efficient (they remembered we needed soy milk for breakfast) - special thanks to Fabrice, Brian, Vittoria, and one other girl who served breakfast but didn't have a name tag. The hotel is a fun place to explore: some quirky features and a very interesting collection of old photographs and memorabilia. Great location for the sea front and local attraction. Highly recommended - I would definitely come back here, as many of the residents do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This magnificent Regency hotel enjoys an unrivaled position at the centre of Sidmouth’s elegant Esplanade, overlooking the sea and adjacent to the picturesque town centre. Owned and personally run by the Hook family, resident proprietors for three generations, the hotel has a long standing reputation for hospitality and service. The property, having undergone expensive though careful refurbishment, is beautifully appointed with all amenities, excellent facilities and a stunning new spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Royal York & Faulkner Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal York And Faulkner Hotel
- Royal York & Faulkner Hotel Sidmouth, Devon