An old fashioned hotel with modern facilities. The clock seemed to have stopped in about 1956 in Sidmouth and hotel tries to keep to the 1956 standards. My room was modern with every amenity you would expect, including air conditioning. It’s star rating is only 2 but it is better than many 3 star that I have stayed in. The hotel restaurant is well staffed with very friendly staff. Service is superb almost silver service. Breakfast is not served until 8.15 but this seems to suit most of the guests, you will not see any workmen staying here. They cater well for coach parties of the more up market type.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This magnificent Regency hotel enjoys an unrivaled position at the centre of Sidmouth’s elegant Esplanade, overlooking the sea and adjacent to the picturesque town centre. Owned and personally run by the Hook family, resident proprietors for three generations, the hotel has a long standing reputation for hospitality and service. The property, having undergone expensive though careful refurbishment, is beautifully appointed with all amenities, excellent facilities and a stunning new spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Royal York & Faulkner Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal York And Faulkner Hotel
- Royal York & Faulkner Hotel Sidmouth, Devon