Our 4th stay at this hotel which speaks volumes. As mentioned by other reviewers, the clientele is elderly but then Sidmouth is not a young persons choice. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The great attraction is the superb food and service. Four course evening meal with 3 choices served by friendly and efficient staff. Exactly the same cosseted service at breakfast. The cost even includes afternoon tea and cakes. It is an old building so creaky floors and winding corridors but the rooms are clean and tidy. We had a double sea view with en-suite shower on the third floor. Wonderful to wake up to the sound of the surf just yards from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This magnificent Regency hotel enjoys an unrivaled position at the centre of Sidmouth’s elegant Esplanade, overlooking the sea and adjacent to the picturesque town centre. Owned and personally run by the Hook family, resident proprietors for three generations, the hotel has a long standing reputation for hospitality and service. The property, having undergone expensive though careful refurbishment, is beautifully appointed with all amenities, excellent facilities and a stunning new spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Royal York & Faulkner Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal York And Faulkner Hotel
- Royal York & Faulkner Hotel Sidmouth, Devon