“Peace at Last.”

Ranked #1 of 82 Restaurants in Sidmouth
Cuisines: European, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Neil's is a great place to eat in Sidmouth and is just a short walk from the Beach and within easy reach of Beer, Lyme Regis and Exeter. Neil's focuses on bringing the freshest Devon food, cooked in sympathetic and delicious ways to the table. Neil's Restaurant Sidmouth has an informal and contemporary design and allows you to actually see Neil at work.
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

The reviews reflect our choice to Neil's, the chef and I were not disappointed. Booked with 24 hours notice. 6.15 30/09/17 the doors opened and the experience began. Ice cold water on the table whilst we chose from the menu. Changed daily what a delight. For the first time I can remember we chose, the same starters and mains.The Lobster & Prawn Bisque and the Fillet of Hake with vegetables. The bisque was extremely tasty. The Hake was cooked to perfection as were the potatoes and vegetables. The food was outstanding. Compliments to the chef and his assistant.
This restaurant offered more, the female servers knew their menus well. Both were very efficient throughout and all but one table was occupied within thirty minutes. We had a refill of water and I finished with a lemon sorbet. I can see why Neil's has got such an excellent reputation. Hopefully it won't be too long until we are back. Thank you

Reviewed September 29, 2017

We booked here as the hotel we were staying in had a limited menu. We all love seafood and were not disappointed. We each had something different and every one raved about it. It is unpretentious and delightful. All the staff were most pleasant and the service was excellent. A thoroughly enjoyable evening out with excellent cuisine.

Reviewed September 24, 2017

We ate here twice during our week in Sidmouth. Neil is a brilliant chef whose fish dishes are excellent. Top quality food at a good price and it is so well cooked. The vegetables were cooked to perfection as was the fish, which is just what you'd expect from this great restaurant. The staff are lovely and friendly too and always happy to chat to you and have a laugh with you. I shall be coming back on my next trip to Sidmouth and can thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

We ate here on carnival night and it was simply OK. I'd only give it 3 stars because the waitresses were so nice. My main was turbot. It was a very nicely cooked piece of fish, as you'd hope for £23. But it had a feel of having been prepared with no passion. The vegetable dish was a tumble of greens with a single, small broccoli stem which my wife and I tossed a coin for. The potato dish was an odd portion of half boiled, half roasted. Very little seasoning on anything. For dessert I had a single scoop of toffee ice cream. Again, no love went into serving me this. Just a single scoop of Good, but not great, ice cream. A little kumquat or something would have made all the difference. The food just had no passion and the restaurant, apart from when the carnival passed, had a lack of atmosphere. Lovely waitresses though!

1  Thank David H
Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

When six people get together for dinner and all order different meals it is most unusual if one of the group isn't 100% happy with their starter or main......
On Saturday night, a group of friends were unanimous in our delight at our fantastic suppers.
I won't list what we ordered, but can confirm that everything was top notch, including the house white wine and above all the excellent service.
I can't help wondering if this establishment is a contributing fact as to why the house prices are so high in Sidmouth
Simply Lovely!