“Good food”

Ranked #1 of 80 Restaurants in Sidmouth
Cuisines: European, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Neil's is a great place to eat in Sidmouth and is just a short walk from the Beach and within easy reach of Beer, Lyme Regis and Exeter. Neil's focuses on bringing the freshest Devon food, cooked in sympathetic and delicious ways to the table. Neil's Restaurant Sidmouth has an informal and contemporary design and allows you to actually see Neil at work.
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

We took advantage of the 20 percent offer, available weekdays before 7pm. The food was excellent and the service efficient. Good selection of fresh fish with meat and vegetarian option available. Good choice of wine at sensible prices.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jamesfullarton

“Excellent evening”
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Went to Neils this evening and it did not disappoint. The atmosphere was very relaxed and the staff were very friendly. The fools was excellent. I had the crab for starters and then the scallops for main and both were bursting with flavour. Would highly recommend visiting Neil's. will be returning again.

• Visited May 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

What a fabulous start to our holiday, en route to Cornwall. The atmosphere was very relaxed and the staff very friendly and helpful. The food was terrific and really fresh and well presented. The newly baked bread was delicious. After the beautiful hake and fresh veg we were replete and only had room for a coffee to round off a lovely evening.

Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Top seafood and a very pleasant evening”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Went to Neil's on Friday night as part of a getaway weekend with the wife, left the kids with grandparents. My wife loves her seafood, I'm more of a steak man and I booked Neil's after seeing the reviews on here. The staff were welcoming and friendly and the place is clearly popular. My wife was in hog heaven with the fish and I decided to go along with it instead of opting for the sirloin. Food was great and my only tiny criticism would be the side dishes, spuds were a bit dry and it could have used some sauce or butter. Didn't spoil the enjoyment though and we will return to Sidmouth when I can bribe grandparents into having the kids again and we will go back to Neil's so I can try more fish.

Sidmouth, United Kingdom
“Completely Faultless”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We finally made it to Neil's (belated birthday treat) and had a booking for 6.30 (three of us). We were made to feel very welcome by the waitress. The bread was delicious followed by a gorgeous starter of goats cheese on rhubarb and redcurrant coulis. I'm not a fan of those fruits but the overall taste was amazing.
I really wanted the scallops (with bacon and mushrooms) and was very impressed with their size and the flavours were just as I'd imagined. The vegetables were cooked to perfection and the potatoes tasty. The portions were just right.
I'm afraid I couldn't resist the homemade lemon brulée with shortbread. It was so tangy and the perfect end to my meal.
Really good value for money and so pleased we'd booked as they turned several customers away last night. Having had experience of running a restaurant myself I am very critical of service and food - but I could not fault my experience AT ALL (except for one song that was a little bit screechy)! We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals and we all had different choices for starter and main.
Will definitely be back for more! A real gem for East Devon (and Sidmouth)!

2 Thank FieldsCoffeeShop