“Platters are lovely”

The Dairy Shop
Ranked #6 of 9 Coffee & Tea in Sidmouth
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Dairy Shop Sidmouth is one of those little gems that every special town has. It has developed over the years from a small deli to a fantastic atmospheric coffee shop/cafe. Providing the best coffee, hot chocolate, pasties and pies to amazing Greek platters. Eat in or take out. Clotted cream by post service. Come in and soak up the atmosphere.
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Lunchtime treat... 1 Greek platter and 1 meat platter, served with a smile. Perfect food on a beautiful day...thank you

Peter_fw12, Owner at The Dairy Shop, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Thank you for your kind comments on our platters.

There are newer reviews for The Dairy Shop

Reviewed April 10, 2014

One of our party required a gluten free menu which can be a bit of a problem sometimes. However, The Diary rose to the occasion magnificently with a delicious quiche which pleased even those of us without a food intolerance condition. It’s a relief when your party can ALL enjoy the outing and to top it off we had a superb round of hot drinks. The cappuccino was good. The milk wasn’t burnt (as can sometimes be the case) and the rich flavour demanded a second cup. Pity about the lighting as it doesn’t really go with the rest of the interior but that’s being a bit picky. Overall a very enjoyable experience.

Thank you for your review. We try to provide a range of Gluten Free options for our customers and glad you appreciated the coffee.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Yesterday I had one of the most tasty lunches I've had in a long time at this unpretentious and welcoming restaurant. As a vegetarian, I often find the menu choices predictable and rather boring, but here there was a very wide choice of suitable dishes. I opted for the Greek platter and was very pleasantly surprised both by the quantity and quality of delicious food which appeared. The staff were courteous and the price reasonable. Highly recommended.

Thank you for your review and recommendation. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your Greek Platter.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Finding a good coffee shop that serves a decent cappuccino is always a challenge. Coming from London, my standards are high. So I was very glad to find The Dairy Shop. The cappuccino exceeded all my expectations, better than any I've had anywhere in the UK. It has its own unique twist on chocolate sprinkles - I won't spoil the surprise by revealing!

Fresh, cosy and clean, the interior is warm and inviting. The owners are friendly and accommodating. And I love the retro-style coffee machine. Absolutely recommended!

Thank you so much for your 5 star review. Glad you like the sprinkles of chocolate and appreciate the coffee machine too!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Popped in here today after seeing reviews on TA and we weren't disappointed. We shared the Greek platter for 2, and when it arrived we thought we'd never finish it...but we did! Full of fresh tasty produce, lovely dressing and very well presented, it was tasty & filling. I was then very undecided whether to risk the scone, jam & cream......being a Devon/Cornish lass, I have been disappointed more times that I can remember with very less than satisfactory offerings....NOT THIS TIME!!!!! The scone was perfect...no aftertaste and great texture, the jam was gorgeous (made in Ottery St Mary) and the cream was the perfect texture and taste. We will be back! xx

Peter_fw12, Owner at The Dairy Shop, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you very much for your review on both the Greek platter and also your comments on our cream tea. It was a pleasure to meet you both, hope to see you again in the near future