“Tasty Indian, nicely served”

The Cinnamon Tree Restaurant
Ranked #63 of 81 Restaurants in Sidmouth
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Cinnamon Tree was recommended to us by our B&B. We found it to be very good, with a wide variety of regional Indian cooking styles. I would definitely recommend it. The only drawbacks wold be a lack of ambiance (it could have been any kind of restaurant from the decor) and a little on the slow side. But then, everything was obviously cooked to order, and was extremely tasty.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Not far from town centre . Family holiday in Sidmouth. Five of us and a baby. we had a lovely meal here. Food was excellent and service. Very accommodating.
No high chair for kids

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Fantastic curry, authentic tasty, plenty of it and lovely friendly service . Very reasonable, can't wait to go back there again.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I'll be honest and say that we came here because the tandoori was packed, we had heard it was better there but really fancied a curry so came over the road to the cinnamon tree. It was half full and the waiting staff were quick to get us seated and get the drinks. Have to say I wasn't thrilled about having my pronunciation of the dishes corrected, but the food was ready in decent time and was good. Good enough to go back? I'm not sure. As an ale drinker I always have to settle for lager at an Indian, which surely can't be hard to remedy. We had popadoms and pickles, 2 curries one rice, one naan. One pint of cobra and 2 glasses of house red, 42 quid. I have to say I could have that and starters at my local Indian for less and quality the same.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

The restaurant is lovely and inviting and the menu is easy to read and they have a good variety from mild dishes to the more adventurous!! The food is of a high standard and the atmosphere is lovely for people who are wanting some together time as a couple or for a group! I wouldn't say it was a place to eat with very young children as there isn't a lot of room for pushchairs etc and children would get easily bored as it is not that child friendly. Prices are very reasonable and they do serve alcoholic beverages as well as soft drinks. The staff are friendly and helpful. They also do a takeaway service which is a bonus.