“they dont come better”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sidmouth
The Barn and Pinn Cottage
Ranked #3 of 33 Sidmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 24, 2013

our third visit and a special one for us.made even more special by Kim and Peter.
we can only add to the chorus of five star reviewers of this wonderful establishment!
It has been said before ad infinitum but loses nothing by repetition ad infinitum
They Dont come better than this. D and T

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tony t
There are newer reviews for The Barn and Pinn Cottage

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We have stayed here for 3 years now and find everything about the Barn and Pinn 100% satisfactory.

Kim and Peter are perfect hosts. They are so welcoming and always treat us so well. The rooms are beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean.

The meals are out of this world and we ALWAYS put on weight during our stay as we can not resist sampling all the courses.......

We stay in the same room each year and the view from our bedroom window on to the lovely garden is a picture.

So glad that we have found this lovely place. Thank you Peter and Kim for making our stay so enjoyable.

Chris and George G.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautifully decorated and clean.You would not be disappointed with any.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2013

What a fantastic place to stay! Beautifully kept accommodation by two lovely people.
The owners have such high standards and it shows in the way this wonderful listed building is looked after.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay during Sidmouth Folk Week, and the repartee with Kim & Peter..
I can't recommend highly enough.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The Barn and Pinn Cottage is a very old but lovingly and painstakingly restored property located in beautiful gardens at the edge of Sidmouth. We have stayed there several times and love it because it offers extremely comfortable and convenient accommodation in beautiful and atmospheric surroundings and the food (breakfast and dinner) is to die for! In addition, one is always assured of a warm welcome from mine hosts Kim and Peter who work extremely hard to ensure that their guests have a great stay.

All in all, a cracking place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
CurleyBubbles, Owner at The Barn and Pinn Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you for your review, it was really great to see you both again.
We are glad you enjoyed your dinner with us as well as your breakfasts. You will no doubt be back to normal breakfasts again, no more of Peters special fish breakfasts until next year!
Take care and we will see you next year. Kim and Peter xx

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

My stay in the beautiful Barn and Pinn could not of been any better. This is my third stay this year. Kim and Peter could not of been more friendly and welcoming as ever. It is cosy and comfortable and spotless. The food provided at breakfast and dinner can not be any better. Everything In this place is of a very high standard, including the service provided by Peter and Kim, who are clearly, and quite honestly should be, extremely proud of their home and the service they provide for all their guests.

As for the "ruined break" review, I don't see how this could of been the same place. It seems that maybe attack is the best form of defence in this person's case, as I find it hard to believe that Kim would of been anything other than polite and courteous in such a situation. As for the floor being sticky when this person got there, well surely anybody would have gone straight to the proprietor and complained, knowing both Kim and Peter and the standards they keep they would surely of been only too happy and helpful to of sorted this straight away.

Perhaps the products used by this person only dried sticky after they had used them and they would not of been noticeable until later. As for how their stay was described, preposterous!!!!!! One only has to read on and they will get a true feel for this wonderful, beautiful B&B and for Kim and Peter and how they truly are.

• Stayed: July 2013
CurleyBubbles, Owner at The Barn and Pinn Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you for your review, as always it was great to see you again. We appreciate your comments on the recent review from the lady who stayed with us at the same time as you did. Thankfully 99.9% of our guests who come here are really lovely and also appreciate all the work we have done and continue to do to keep the cottage so clean and beautiful.
Looking forward as ever to you next visit, Kind regards Kim and Peter

Reviewed August 4, 2013

An amazing stay. We stayed for 7 nights and would willingly recommend this place to anyone. We were lucky to eat there at night and it beats any other restaurant in the area hands down. The quality of the food was exceptional - and we know a lot about food !!! It was fresh, cooked to perfection using quality ingredients. Nothing is to much trouble for Kim and Peter who were brilliant hosts. Rooms were well maintained, comfortable and the cottage decorated to a high standard. We had a great stay and will be coming back. Thank you for looking after us and making us feel so welcome. Jim and Kath Harvey

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark G
CurleyBubbles, Owner at The Barn and Pinn Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you both for your wonderful review. It was a real pleasure to meet you and your family. We are very happy that you enjoyed our food and hospitality, it makes our job so satisfying when we have lovely guests like yourselves who appreciate what we do. We would love to see both yourselves and your family anytime.
Take care, Kim and Peter

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Booked to stay 5 nights to escape the unrelenting heat in London and a stressful job, my room was a a single No 4 but nice and clean. I did notice on the first day the bathroom floor was a bit sticky but i didn't take any notice.

Half way through my break I had a lovely morning at the Donkey Sanctuary - Imagine my shock when I found a typed letter from Kim saying that my bath products had ruined her bathroom floor and she had spent 2 hours trying to remove 'stickiness' and that she would have to replace the whole bathroom floor!!She had also bagged up my Lush body conditioner and loreal body spray and told me not to use them again !!

On speaking to Kim and handing back the letter I told her that I had only used Lush in the shower and the body oil spray very lightly on my arms and legs... in the bedroom.. I even showed her the soles of my feet to prove that I had put nothing on them... indeed I had left my canvas shoes in the car after returning from the donkey sanctuary as they were a little wet from grass and didn't want to wear them in B&B out of respect for cleanliness...she even asked me if I had spilt a can of fizzy drink in the bathroom !!! I never drink fizzy drinks..

I was very upset and it did spoil my break I will not stay here again I was told to only use the complimentary toiletries ! so ladies be careful .. I would not use products nor would they be sold if they ruined bathroom floors!! it was completely stupid... what would have happened if I was a lady with hair spray now that would have been sticky.

I dont care what Kim will put on here I was not responsible for that floor ! and it ruined my holiday.I cannot recommend to others

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank suzhLondon_uk

Hi SUZH London
It is regrettable that you felt that your holiday was ruined.
Thankfully you stopped using the offending product after my letter to you on the second day and the floor did not then get any worse.
We have spent considerable time, money, care and consideration it the refurbishment of this beautiful 500 year old property. All we ask of our guests is to come and enjoy staying here and look after it while they stay with us. We enjoy looking after this very special house and the guests that visit us and we do our best to ensure that all our guests have a happy stay.