“Recalcitrant and Rude”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Lunchtime in August is always busy and so no issues with waiting... normally. Equally we all know how awkward some technology can be and the lady serving - as were all the staff - were unable to make the credit card readers work properly so the queue was getting longer. Again, no worries, stuff happens. However after orders started being taken again - people paying cash to help out - accidentally the lady serving my area missed me and went to the folks who hadn't been stood there so long. Politely, I pointed out that I was actually next for service... as many people would I think, specially with a young child waiting for their lunch. What I didn't expect was the mouthful of invective next. Rather taken aback, I thought about it and elected not to order and asked instead to speak to the manager. Rather abruptly I was then told I couldn't, so I persisted and eventually got to speak to someone who was, apparently, the landlord. She was kind enough to give me her name and did ask for my name - no worries, here I am - but rather than attempt to resolve the problem related to rude staff, I was asked to speak to the person concerned myself who then proceeded to insist that there had been no issue. No great loss having seen the menu so we left and then had a perfectly good meal elsewhere. I've no great axe to grind here BUT being told it was probably my fault doesn't relate in any way to the experience I had in front of my daughter. The current rating at number 27/34 of local B&B and Inns seems to suggest others are having similar issues... we certainly won't be going back.

5  Thank Colin D

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Stopped by on Saturday lunchtime had sea food platter great value for money and plenty to eat heard lady on the next table say it was the best meal she has had well done to all

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Had a Sunday lunch carvery here, unfortunately the food was disappointing. The beef was very chewy and the gravy was tasteless with the carrots having an odd and unrecognisable twang to them. vegetables somewhere between al dente and shown-the-pan hard work when the knives are as blunt as blunt things. All this and being served at the bar by a condescending member of staff......what an afternoon, needless to say we won't be going back.

2  Thank Half-a-sandwich
Reviewed August 9, 2014

we went to the blue ball last night as we have many times in the past and they did not disappoint us at all. I had the pulled pork burger which was very tasty and filling ( to much could not finish it ) my partner had the fish and chips with mushy peas, excellent she said. the quantity and quality of the food is very good and good value for money but I think £3.90 for a pint of thatchers gold is way to dear.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Although the pub/restaurant is very nice and in a good location. The food was nice but the portions did not match the cost. I had a curry ( meat unknown until arrival). There was as much tomato as there was meat. ( chicken I think). Small portion of rice not enough to soak up sauce. My wife had tandoori chicken which was supposed to be on lentil salad. Sliced up Naan bread made it look like it was a big portion of chicken was hardly any lentils and salad was mostly rocket. Didn't bother staying for pudding so can not comment on them. Did have good selection of beers. Just a shame was driving.

1  Thank bigal3961