“Great Sunday Carvery”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Great Sunday Carvery”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stopped off for a quick drink on the way back from driving to Sidmouth. I really fancied the carvery but the misses wasn't hungry, so we said we'd have Sunday lunch back at a pub in Seaton where we were staying. Some may say we were unlucky but the pub we were going to was out of Sunday lunches or would have been by time we got there. The urge for a roast dinner was too strong so we decided to drive back to the Blue Ball. It was much quieter, we got a table straight away and carvery was very good. Would certainly go back.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Paul_THFC

Lymington, United Kingdom
“Good pub food, with plenty of options”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

We stopped for lunch at the Blue Ball on a busy Saturday, en route to Cornwall. There was just one table free, and we resigned ourselves to a lengthy wait after ordering. So we were pleasantly surprised when our food arrived within 15 minutes. And very good it was too! Succulent fish and chips, a tasty burger, and a "lighter appetite" ham, egg and chips. (It's a nice option to have a kids menu that is also available as a smaller meal for adults.)

The Blue Ball won't win awards for its food, but as a quick and tasty lunchtime option, I give it top marks.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Staff need to be customer focused”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stopped here on way back from lyme Regis, we regularly stop on our way to and from lyme. Today was my husbands birthday as we had been away for a great weekend we thought we would round it off on our way home. Sat at table 17 which was for 2 people. As it was busy we thought we would be considerate by not taking up a large table. We ordered drinks but I found it was a bit chilly so moved to other side of the table with my back to the door. When our food arrived I felt cold so my husband closed the entrance door to the bar. It felt better for a minute until someone then reopened it. I turned to ask the bar maid if the door could be closed as it was cold, but was told In no uncertain terms that this was a main entrance and HAD to be kept open. She then turned her back on me and walked away. How rude. It spoilt my lunch despite the food being very good. We would have stayed for another drink and a dessert but I didn't like the superior attitude.Such a shame the staff think they are more important than their customers. I should watch yourselves if you want to keep the good name of your pub. We will go to another pub next time we are in the area.

• Visited March 2014
Honiton, United Kingdom
“The Blue Ball, Sidbury”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is an ancient coaching house that had remained in the same family for centuries. It is very pretty and thatched, at least it was until it burnt down, but it has been rebuilt just as it used to be, but with modern amenities.
The atmosphere is superb, staff pleasant and helpful and food excellent. Love to dine here regularly.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank MariaJohannah
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Great burgers!”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Went for a Sunday evening bite to eat with a friend. Great atmosphere, friendly and burgers were fabulous! Portions were huge. Would definitely recommend.