MakeMyTrip
StayForLong
Vio.com
1,323 results
All reviews family room windsor castle legoland base heathrow pounds
Selected filters
Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

Hotel itself very nice, clean and tidy with pleasant staff.
Breakfast is another matter...
Its buffet style, all looked very nice..
Sadly not, the bread was mouldy, not just randomly but seemingly the whole loaf, the milk for cereal / hot drinks was sour, at first I thought it was UHT, sadly not, on using in a mug of tea it floated!! Disgusting!!
Reported it to the waitress who took the bread away, but the milk she simply topped up as though she didn't believe us.

Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2017

Dear Andy S,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Slough and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations regarding our breakfast due to that the bread was moldy and the milk was sour. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future. I sincerely apologize for the experience. On the other hand I am glad that our nice and clean rooms were still appreciated.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments!

Best Regards,

Ben W.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed October 12, 2017

The hotel was difficult to find even with Sat Nav. However the staff were welcoming and although I arrived late found me a parking place by moving one of their own cars. The room was standard holiday Express fare clean with all basic amenities. A business man's hotel

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel for 3nts as it happened to be the cheapest available at the dates I was looking for to be in Slough to visit family.
Once we arrived at the hotel there was literally nowhere to park the parking facilities are really very poor, it's the smallest car park I've seen for a hotel. Once you're in the car park you have to physically go inside the hotel to reception to get the code to lift the barrier to let you out again - this can be a pain when you have 2 children 1 of which was sleeping. The receptionist advised there was a car park round the back that I could park in at a charge which I wasn't TOO pleased about.
The parking cost £24 for the 3nts and it meant I could go in and out as many times on the same ticket. Location wise the hotel was fab as the Slough train station was literally at the back of the hotel where you would park.
Once parked up a lovely man (who didn't work at the hotel but was staying there) offered to help take our suitcases in - that was nice. We checked in and went up to our room and I like to check cleanliness of rooms especially if my children are to be staying in them (18months and 3 years old). On pulling the covers back I found hairs on my pillow like the bed was just re-made as opposed to covers being changed! I removed all the bedding to be replaced with 'fresh and clean' bedding.
The breakfast was the same every morning but was constantly replenished so you weren't waiting about in a morning. Some of the reception staff were helpful when we had asked for milk to be warmed up for the kids - one or two just tried to be awkward.
Overall the stay was fine. Parking facilities could most definitely be improved as could the levels of cleanliness.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ayshaa009
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

Hi ayshaa009,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. While we are glad that you were pleased with your overall stay, I am truly sorry for the unsatisfactory cleanliness of the hotel room including the limited parking spaces. Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Rest assured, we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide a wonderful stay. I have faith in our hotel that they will continue to do their best to improve our amenities and services.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback. I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better stay in the future.

Alvin M.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed October 9, 2017

Decent hotel , what u expect from Express hotel. nice breakfast, clean, friendly staff, always busy. Problem: parking. There is some parking available in hotel but not enough for all customers. There is a on-street parking but doesn't feel safe. parking free on weekend or on evenings.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights while visiting Windsor. Location was great, BUT if you want great views forget it!!. Parking is on a first come basis and the parking area is tiny. We were fortunate enough to get a spot upon arrival, and used the train for the duration. The station is next-door..very convenient, and we were fortunate enough to get a room overlooking the "car park" and were not bothered by train noise at all. The train cost £2:75 return to Windsor and took roughly 7mins.
Other than the car parking, the only other gripe is down to the other guests. Why oh why can't parents get control of their children? Breakfast was a scrum, and the majority of kids were let loose and running wild. Maybe they were hyper due to an impending Legoland visit, but even so, it was embarrassing to experience.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple