“Amazing Customer Service!”

Holiday Inn Express Slough
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Slough
“Amazing Customer Service!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed 2 nights while on training near by. Well what I can I say! A little worried and confused at first, as it is surrounded by residential apartments, but this didn't over shadow anything. Check in quick and easy. Room I stayed in clean and spotless (511)

Check out not until tomorrow, but anything like check in I am not concerned! Food was simple bar snacks, but being an express, this Is a bonus as not many have a bar area (I don't think many of them do anyway.....?) And the steak was amazing!

Best bit, like in the title, the customer service. Abbie and Aaron on the bar/reception where first class. Nothing to much trouble for them! If I ever come back down to go into London, I will be staying here as the train station is 30 seconds next door! (Noise not a problem either)

Thank you for an enjoyable stay, and thanks again to Abbie and Aaron!

• Stayed February 2013
Anita K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and writing a review. I was happy to read that you enjoyed the food provided and found the steak amazing. I have also passed on your gratitude to Aaron and Abbie who are a great asset of our hotel. We hope to see you soon.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
york
Reviewed February 3, 2013

You judge everything by price so 52 quid for three adults a night with a help your self breakfast
in a very clean and friendly hotel is fantastic.
We were visiting London and didn't know when booking the station is only 50 yards away, !
And no it isn't noisy, oh and free wi;fi

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your lovely review. It is great to hear that you found the hotel value for money. The closeness of the train station is one of our best features and it’s great to read served well at your time of stay. I hope we can greet you in our hotel again.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We live in Cardiff and have used this hotel a number for family weekends in London and have come to the conclusion it is unbeatable in terms of location and value.
The hotel is one minute's walk from Slough station from where there regular trains that take 15 minutes into London. The proximity of the station makes a very easy train journey from Cardiff on the Friday evening (approx 2 hours) meaning the kids are no too late in bed.
Rooms are very clean and comfortable and excellent value for families. Breakfast is absolutely fine, given that it is included in room price. Staff are alway friendly.
The only thing I am not so keen on is the bar prices, which are very high in my opinion and the range of drinks is limited.

Thanks again for another excellent stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time and writing a review. I was happy to read that you have found the location well suited for your travels to London. It is always good to hear that found our staff friendly and you have taken advantage of and enjoyed our free breakfast. We hope to see you soon.

Wokingham
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Excellent service at reception, couldn't do more for you. Rooms nice and modern but no bath. Clean and just steps away from the station with easy parking, and free breakfast... Great for business or pleasure

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ishan K, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express Slough.

We are delighted that the room you were allocated was clean and to your satisfaction. I am also so glad that you enjoyed our breakfast.

Once again, thank you for taking the time and trouble to write about us. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards,

Calne, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stayed two nights for work and too say it was not great is probably an understatement. Rooms are basic, with bad mattresses and noisy from train line. Food is diabolical and cooked breakfast consisted of cold sausages, beans and scrambled egg. Bar staff were very nice but evening reception very rude when asking for extra coffee for the room. All in all many better local hotels for similar price.

Room Tip: Odd numbers are away from he train line and quieter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ishan K, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. I will certainly take your comments forward with the team.

I hope you decide to give us another chance to show you that this is not the standard which we operate under and to make your next stay as best as it can be.

Regard’s

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed for a week and everything was wonderful! Ishan is amazing and helped us with everything we needed. I would defiantly recommend staying here. The prices are great and you cant beat the friendly helpful hospitality of the staff. It is also right by the train station!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ashley G
Ishan K, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

I couldn't be more proud of the team at Holiday Inn Express Slough. A huge THANK YOU for giving us recognition
Delighted that you are a returning guest, and hope to see you soon

Sincerely

Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2013

we stayed here for my husbands week long course ,which left me alone all week to shop etc and omg i was astounded firstly by our reception from the staff ,who,s names i am embarrassed to say i forgot for which i apologise .
They however didnt forget all our requirements and my worrys about being alone all week,they put my mind totally at rest and told me that the hotel was my home for the week ,which totally put me at ease.What an amazing first impression.
We were directed to our room and it was very clean airy and relatively peaceful,after all we did pick a hotel by a train station ,but our sleep was never interrupted by them .Breakfast was perfectly adaquate and hot ,we didnt have any issues with crowding etc at breakfast although my husband did have 8 am starts .
The endless useful information from the staff regarding restaurants , pubs, shopping etc was great and so helpful .
shopping was amazing .My husband and I took a train to windsor for the evening and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and then just jumped on the train back which ran every 30 mins to slough. Just outside of the train station was the Queensway shopping centre ,which leads onto tesco 24 hour and the main shopping street.
This hotel with its helpful staff ,information and all round conveniences is defianetly one we will be visiting again .Next time with my family as lego land is a train or bus ride away and windsor castle is a 10 min train journey away from slough station so convenient.

Room Tip: we were in one of the 500 rooms and we could only just hear the trains ,so was great
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
“Thank you for the lovely comments"

We're delighted that you had a good night sleep with us. Our guests comfort is really important to us.
It is a compliment for us that you feel so passionate about the hotel and look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.

Thank you once again for recognizing the team's efforts throughout the hotel and for writing a review,

Sincerely

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Holiday Inn Express London - Heathrow T5
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Travelodge Slough
Travelodge Slough
#5 of 21 in Slough
Holiday Inn Express Windsor

Been to Holiday Inn Express Slough? Share your experiences!