Holiday Inn Express Slough
  • Bar/Lounge
Baylis House(Slough)
  • Breakfast included
1,132 results
All reviewstrain stationbeansarrive earlythe breakfast areafree breakfastlondon paddingtonsofa bedcar parkingsat navbooked this hotelhigh streetlego landbudget hotelhot foodfamily roomideal locationyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Arrived early afternoon, must admit first impressions are the location was dire, with adjacent area in need of some no sorry, alot of renovation, also concerned about security of car when parked in hotels car park, very limited space, I could only see the barriers were there to stop un-authorised cars parking due to the limited parking space around and no protection from general publics thorough fare. I also do not see why the customer should have to pay for parking on the railways facilities, option 1 hotel to arrange for guests to have a "parking Permit" to be displayed in window, option 2 re-imburse costs to customer, The staff were welcomming but I was given the wrong floor at check in so when I got out of the lift and looking at the little key folder, I needed the next floor up. Yes and the trains are relentless. I used this hotel for business, not impressed with breakfast arrangements, not very well laid out had to wait ages for people to get their toast cooked, therefore food not very warm when eventually sat down to eat it.. I will be visiting Slough again next week, but will not be rushing back to this hotel. And it was not the cheapest hotel either. Sorry to give a poor feedback. Hopefully you will be able to sort it out, if you can then I might recommend or even return.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
LauraEggleton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2011

Thank you for sharing your opinions on Tripadvisor, we value your feedback.
I can entirely appreciate your comments relating to the surrounding area and it is a great shame that these buildings have been left unfinished. I have been informed by the housing developers who are responsible for these buildings that work is due to begin again in the coming months.
Please be assured I have tried to negotiate on many occasions with the owners of the car park adjacent to the hotel-without success. I am however aware that many of the other hotels in Slough do charge for car parking, and in some cases the railway station parking that we offer is cheaper than theirs (there is also no charge for car parking in our own car park).
I am in complete agreement with regards to the layout of the breakfast area- the area was simply not designed well enough to deal with the capacity of the hotel in our peak months. We have tried a variety of layouts to help deal with demand and I can assure you the one we currently use is the best.
I would hope that you would reconsider staying with us again on your future visits to Slough.

With warm wishes,

Reviewed June 30, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for three night at the end of June. Took us 6 hours to get there , and when we arrived we got a parking space which was very good (read the reviews about parking before setting off) nice clean hotel , we were on the 6th floor our window was facing the train tracks but the noise from the trains is not that bad. We left our car in the car park for the three days and took the bus service (bus station is only a short walk away ) to Legoland one day and Windsor Castle the next - very resonable price. All in all this hotel is ideal , would definetly come again and reccommend to friends and family

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor, we value your feedback and look forward to seeing you at the hotel again very soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 29, 2011

stayed here for two nights,nice clean hotel,we had breakfast both mornings,the 1st morning we were down about 6,45 there was only us and another 3 guests the 2nd day we left it a bit later about 8.30 totally different story really busy so get up early for breakfast.
we used the hotel for a base for London it was a lot further from the city than i had thought we took the train into London both days,the train is absoluty packed by the time it arrives in Slough it took between 25+30 mins for the trip and if your very lucky you may get a seat a very uncomfortable ride the train was boiling hot just like being on a tube so pleased to get off for some air the return journey was no better so now i have decided my next trip to London im paying extra and staying in the city itself we wasted so much time commuting back to the hotel the way the bathroom doors have been designed it is so easy to trap your fingers we did it 3 times between the 2 of us very painful i would hate to see a child doing the same so just be carefull another thing the ice machine was not working so had to ask at the bar for some which was received with oh we dont have much why should a busy hotel like this not have a decent ice machine or at least get it fixed

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2011

I traveled to London and stayed about a week at this hotel. From the moment you walk in you can tell everything is pretty new. The front desk staff was marvelous. My room was wonderfully clean and each day the staff would stock my room with new towels and take out the trash and fix up a little. I was basically sightseeing everyday and would leave pretty early to catch an early train to london. I would leave my laptop and all my cables, nothing was ever missing. The breakfast was marvellous and FREE!! Good Coffee and croissants , eggs sausage links and fruit. toast cereal. other hotels did not have free breakfast, which to me was a plus. You do not want to be rushing in the morning looking for a place to eat or paying your hotel each day, trust me. It was right next to the train station which was great and easy to walk to. Had a chicken plate one day for dinner, and it was ok compared to restaurants, but great when compared to other hotel chain dinners. Love the vending machine in the lobby. I drank a lot of bottled water so each morning for two pounds i bought at least two at the machine to take with me. Saves you the time of having to stop at a tesco or other store. Love the shower, very strong pressure and i was on the third floor. They have soap and body wash dispensers so no need to bring any along. The shampoo is great. i took earplugs for nighttime so the trains did not keep me up and i think the trains stopped running after like 12 or something. Beds are very comfy too, they had placed an extra layer of bed padding on mine which was nice. They do have wireless internet, charging a daily or weekly rate. If staying more than two days pay the weekly since it'll save you some money. It's important to note, while searching for hotels in uk london area, i noticed not may had free internet like here in the states so just a thought.

the tricky part was getting to/from the airport .
After a 9 hour flight the last thing you wanna deal with is public transportation to this hotel, so i just hailed a taxi. black cabs are more expensive but had more room for my luggage. starting price was 60 pounds but i was able to haggle a little and paid 39, trip to/from airport was just under 20 mins.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank bizman1981
LauraEggleton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Thank you for posting such a lovely review on Tripadvisor, we were delighted to learn of your satisfaction!

Myself and the team look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 15, 2011

the price was good and the rooms where absolutly fine but such a large hotel and only 26 parking spaces !!!!! had to park in the industrial estate which is not safe and try to find an area that was not restricted !!!!!!!!! not the best start the only other thing would be not to get a room backing on the railway as the trains go all night and it was noisy !

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank gemFC

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor, we value your feedback.

With regards to the parking arrangements at the hotel, whilst our own car park has only 26 spaces, there is a train station car park with ample parking for our guests to use for a small fee.
Unfortunately as the car park does not belong to the hotel, I am unable to decide on the cost of parking in the adjacent area.
Please note for your future reference, this car park is a 10 second walk from the front of the hotel, directly on the left of the hotel entrance.

Kind Regards,