“Staff just dont care...”
Review of Nando's - Slough

Nando's - Slough
Ranked #130 of 199 Restaurants in Slough
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

A friend and i visited Nandos last weekend, atmosphere very lively and very busy which is always a good thing. We had to wait which i had no problem with, put my name on the list and took a seat. Lady said wait would be 15mins max - only a table for 2. We were second in line so shouldnt have been a problem. People infront of us got called, so we thought great we are next. Hell was i wrong, 4 more lots of couples got called and got their seats so i asked the waitress what was going on as i had been waiting 30mins so far and people after us had got a table before us. I gave my name & she said she would check the list.
She then came back to me & said my name was called and had been crossed off the list. Since i had been sat next to her the whole time i was certain i hadnt been called & that they had made a mistake. I asked how much longer i would have to wait & strugged her shoulders and said she didnt know she would have a look. 10 minutes later she came back and took us to a dirty table. No apology given just the menu thrust in our hands & she disappeared. I then had to hunt someone down to actually clean the dirty table we where sat at.
I went up & ordered our food, 35 minutes later we where still waiting, i asked a member of staff as now i had been in nandos over an hour & still no sign of my food. He said they were very busy & i would have to wait, so i then asked for the manager.
I explained what had happened & he was very apologetic. Almost immediatley our food was bought to our table, 2 plates that had been sat on the hot plate for over 20minutes. We where sat right infront of it, as if i couldnt see our food bought to us.
I cut my chicken only to find it was barely warm (as it had been sat on the side for 20mins)! I once again called the manager over who took our food away and said we would get hot good straight away & as a good will gesture if we wanted more side he would give this to us complimentary - i explained i had ordered enough food perhaps he could offer dessert instead which was agreed.
When the warm food arrived it was fantastic, i do love nandos!
After dinner we asked a waiter for pur dessert and explained the manager had said we could have it complimentary as a way of an apology, he then proceeded to laugh in my face!!!! Sorry but this was the icing on the cake. Once again i asked for the manager, to be informed he was just leaving and he couldnt come to see me but they could give us our dessert. What a joke!
This was such a let down as at least once a month we visit Nandos (slough brancg) & never before had i had such an apauling experience.
I left a comment card in restaurant & also asked for their head office address to write a formal complaint, only to be told they could not supply me with this information.
I got the address from the internet and sent a letter recorded delivery - just so i know it was delivered as i have had a bad experience before. This was around a month ago & i have still not had a reply.

I love nandos & wont not go because of this experience but i definatley will not vist the slough branch again. Such apauling customer service by both staff and management - this is not how it is done! I work in the customer service industry myself and i am disgussed in the service i recieved!!

1  Thank xlittlemissyx
There are newer reviews for Nando's - Slough

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Its my all time favourite place for its piri piri sauce. This restaurant is quite big and located just next to Empire Cinema and Queensmere mall, while going for movie or shopping in the mall, this proves to the best choice of food and can satisfy spice loving taste buds.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Love the spicy peri peri sauce. The chicken was wonderful and fresh as well. You def cant get this in the states :)

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Never been to a Nando's before (led a sheltered life) staying with the family in the nearby Travelodge this looked like a change to some of the other restaurant chains close-by.
Really enjoyed the food (good job I wasn't in the mood for a fillet steak) good service, nice lively atmosphere.
Will certainly be looking forward to a Nando's again soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Everything is just AVERAGE, only been the once and not been back, don't get me wrong it's not horrible, foods not bad but I just think harvester is better, better value for money, better salad bar and better staff