“It's nice and clean and staff were friendly”
Review of Pinewood Hotel

Pinewood Hotel
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed May 30, 2014

The hotel is clean and modern looking on the inside. Outside there is a beautiful lawn area. Our food at the restaurant was of a decent standard. Our room was spacious (we had a family room) and it was very clean and had good facilities. I honestly cannot complain about anything other than the staff seemed a little inexperienced but they did their upmost to make accommodate any requests.

Room Tip: I picked up the deal on late rooms and got a really good rate.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night, that's as a couple with 2 children aged 4 and 7. We chose here as it was close to Legoland, which we were going to the following day. Upon arrival we were shown to our room, which was very nice but on entering we could hear a constant noise, which was coming from the extraction fan on the outside wall from the kitchen. This was very loud and we went straight to reception about it. We were told by a not very friendly man on reception that it would def be turned off by 9.30pm, which was the case. What he failed to tell us is that it is back on extremely early in the morning. We were all awake be 5.30am with the noise from the extraction unit. It just sounded like we were on a boat with a constant irritating noise which is very loud. It totally spoilt our day at legoland as we were all very tired. Oh and top it off, there was a really loud alarm going off in the night, which we found out the next day was a fault with the fire alarm. So no, we wouldn't recommend here and having more friendly staff on reception would be advisable.

Room Tip: Make sure you are no where near the extraction unit from the kitchen
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank lisagreenwood
Julian G, Manager at Pinewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

As the guest says the extractor system can be noisy and we are having it looked into.

The guest concerned did mention the noise and was offered an alternative room in another part of the Hotel, but declined the offer.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here on business but wouldn't return. The staff are friendly but the room smelt a little damp and musty, there was no signal for my mobile phone, wi-fi did not work and you had to go across a court yard to the restaurant for breakfast and dinner.

The restaurant had brown voile at the windows overlooking the patio and garden (why?) that were dirty with food stains and had holes in them; I made the mistake of asking for a window seat!

The food was ok, service was ok but I would not return; it just feels a little shabby.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Having booked online the process of checking in at reception during mid afternoon was very easy and the staff were very pleasant. The first impression of my room was very good everything seemed to be in order however I discovered one of the curtains were hanging off and there was no way for me to close the curtain and as I need to have a dark room to sleep properly I tried to contact reception via the in room telephone, with no success so I walked back to reception to report it, the receptionist said she would get someone to look at it for me. Within 10 minutes or so she rang me back to say no one was available today. I asked that someone came to take a look so it could be sorted in the morning, again within 10 minutes a gentleman appeared, saw the issue and promised it would be dealt with in the morning. As my room was on the back of the hotel it wasn't too bright outside so I slept ok but my second nights sleep was so much better after the curtain was fixed. On my first night I ate in the restaurant and enjoyed a ham hock starter however I was slightly disappointed with the half chicken main course it came with what appeared like frozen french fries, there was plenty so no complains about the portion size but they pulled the dish down somewhat. On
the second night I drove into Windsor which is about 6 miles away for my evening meal. Breakfast on both mornings was ok except I didn't like having to make my own toast. There was a nice selection of cereals etc on offer but I just had the full
English on both occasions I ordered poached egg which was nice however I found the sausages too spicy and I couldn't eat them. Overall I had a pleasant stay and would maybe consider staying there again as a base for other trips to the area.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel if you need to visit or care for someone having treatment at Wexham Park hospital. It is conveniently situated barely half a mile from the hospital. Parking is easy and effortless - lots of space. The staff are very kind, friendly and helpful; nothing was too much trouble.
The rooms we had were clean and comfortable. Food was very good and served in an attractive manner and could be served in our room if needed. The rooms were quiet and double glazed to ensure a good night's sleep.

We will definitely revisit even when we do not need to visit the hospital!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We did not get a good impression when we arrived. The car park is at the rear of the hotel, and you do not get the best feel for the hotel from this direction. However the staff on the desk were friendly and helpful. Then, the worst part of our visit occurred. The room was not 100% ready for us. When we went into the room, the pillows (two very thin and old looking) were lying upon the chair without any covers on them. A quick call down to the reception desk fixed that, but the room definitely was not ready. The runner was not across the foot of the bed (and never appeared), the biscuits for the tea were not there (and never came). The pillows were sorted, and the mini-bar and water had to be sorted out. This should not happen for any hotel room, and certainly not if you have paid for an "executive" room.

Fortunately this was the only issue with out visit. We booked a package which included dinner as well. This is worth finding if you wish to stay at this hotel. It is good value.

We spent the late afternoon and early evening walking in Langley Country Park. It is literally just across the road.

Dinner was from a fixed menu which was not extensive, but the food was good. The serving staff were helpful and friendly. Breakfast the next morning was a good buffet style meal.

If you are not eating in the hotel, then you will need to drive as the hotel is rather on its own.

I may have rated the hotel higher if it hadn't been for the problems with the room when we arrived.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2014

The pinewood hotel is a really nice hotel to stay in if you are in the slough/heathrow/uxbridge area. The hotel had plenty of parking which is free which is a bonus if your looking for a hotel for Heathrow.

On arrival I was greeted by a pleasant member of staff to check me in, I was directed to a building opposite the main hotel for my room, which I guess was built to expand the amount of rooms they off, the first thing I noticed was a sign on the front door which you normally have to use your key saying "This door is broken and cannot be locked due to the storms we have had", that's understandable but how hard is it to get someone out and fix it, I am thinking its more due to not wanting to spend the money on fixing it?

The room it self was spacious and clean, with all the usual mod cons. Free WIFI in the Room was a big bonus for me. Mini bar seem quite high priced for a in room mini bar. I also found the double bed (which was actually two singles push together) quite hard and not many pillows.

However what set this hotel out was its restaurant, I had Soup for starter which was nice but not much taste to it, I then had there special Half house Chicken which was amazing, taste, really good portion and cooked perfectly, I had a Creme Brule as a dessert and again that was really tasty.

Breakfast was slightly different arrived at the restaurant offered a table and coffee, the waiter brought my coffee but no milk or sugar on the table, was offered a choice of hot food I went for the Full English which made up for the poor selection of continental option.

Overall Nice hotel can make a few improvements to put it up there.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Stoke Place
Stoke Place
#2 of 2 in Stoke Poges
Holiday Inn Express Slough
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa
Premier Inn Slough Hotel
The Spread Eagle Hotel

Been to Pinewood Hotel? Share your experiences!