“Good vaule” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Slough
London
“Good vaule”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Came here for a ‘sleepover’ as they had such a good deal on Travelzoo. For the money we paid, it was excellent (room, dinner, breakfast) but it isn’t the sort of hotel I would go to for a nice night away – especially as it isn’t really located close to anywhere for a night out. However, our evening meal & breakfast was great and all of the staff were very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a room close to the main road which was originally a concern but we couldn’t hear anything! If another deal like the one we booked comes up again, I would return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Nottingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed here on a stopover on the way to Legoland.

The setting was nice and peaceful, the hotel was generally very clean and well maintained.

The main reason for writing this review is to highlight how great the staff were. Without exception, every employee we came into contact with, from the reception staff, the restaurant manager, waiters and the cleaner was exceptionally warm, friendly and professional.

We were travelling with our children and they phoned ahead to check the ages and set the spare beds out accordingly.

Breakfast was great and of a high quality.

The review would have had 5 stars, but the shower in our room was uncontrollable! It moved between cold and scalding of its own accord. This could be dangerous. I suggest the hotel turns the hot water supply down a notch or two and looks into replacing the showers. Another shower related issue was the fire alarm- it seems that someone on out floor set the alarms off by not closing their bathroom door. I think this is a common occurrence here as there are signs warning to keep the door closed. again, ditch the signs and either fix the fire alarm or showers!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank bongo70
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Perfect stay for a family of 4. First impressions count and within minutes we all felt very comfortable and relaxed. Staff very welcoming and friendly. Massive compliments to the chef - food stunning and presentation immaculate. Nice attention to detail throughout the hotel. Already planning our next visit!

Stayed April 2014
West Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

Great stop for Heathrow because it felt rural and much more peaceful than being on the airport sites. There are nice grounds and patio, the staff are very helpful and as a bonus for us the taxi to the airport was included in the price, so relaxing. The breakfast was the best flavoured egg and bacon I've tasted in ages! The evening meal was good too, the oven roasted chicken was delicious.
Only complaint was the banging of the fire door on the ground floor corridor and voices so I guess the sound proofing is not the best!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Newbury, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

After we checked in we made our way to our room at 2pm and noticed a number of unfinished meals and bottles outside of the rooms, did not think any more about this until @ 10 p.m., they were still there! At 12 midnight we rang reception as the PA and music were very loud, we were told it would finish at 12.30, it went on until after 1 p.m. Did not one tell you aboutr this, no, would you like to move room, at 1 a.m. in bed and unpacked! But, nothing prepared us for the following morning when after breakfast at 10 am, we asked where the toilets were and when entering, were met will large portions of vomit and toilet paper all over the floor. I went back to reception and informed them, no apology the night before, no apology on the morning when we checked out. No one told us about the party being in the room above it, when we may have rebooked elsewhere. This hotel did not meet or exceed their customers expectations. Some serious customer services training and cleaning issues needed here.

Room Tip: Ask if there is a function during your stay and request a room away from the event. Check the room b...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joyce P
Julian G, General Manager at Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
As the guest points out we had a Charity Dinner on the evening he stayed, we do try to keep people away from the function area, but the Executive rooms we all taken that night so it was difficult to relocate away from the area.

The trays should not have been left on the corridors and the staff concerned have been made aware of the need to clear them at the appropriate time.

It was before 8am when the gentleman visited the toilets, whilst some clearing up had been done a deep clean his was to be done at 8am by the cleaning staff. Apologies were made and our disabled toilet was used instead.

I have offered the guest concerned a complimentary stay but this was declined
pinner
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed at this hotel because we attended a wedding and the ceremony and party was there. I must say the wedding, food, breakfast etc was very good, no complaints about the event.

However, we decided to stay for the night, and treat ourselves to an Executive Room (Room 2) for which the charge was £109 for a double. On arrival, we were asked to pay the charge up-front. Not normal, but we paid, no problem. When we got to our room, we found it a disappointment. It was very dark, we couldn't get much light into the room, and the bathroom was small. In the darkest part of the room was a small table and 2 chairs, plus a suit/clothes holder. Had we tried to sit there, it would have been a squash, also it would not be possible to read as there was no light. We felt disappointed but didn't complain because we knew the hotel was full, and didn't want any of the other wedding guests to be moved about to suit us. As we went along, it was clear the room had been prepared for single occupancy, there was one small bottle of water, one flannel, 1 pair of slippers. One of the 3 bottles of toiletries had been used by the previous occupant, so was not full. When we showered this morning, the water temperature went from hot to cold then back to hot, at one point it got so hot I had to turn the cold back on, but turned the knob in the wrong direction (there was no indication on the taps) and how I didn't get burns I don't know. Having got out of the shower, the whole area was flooded and we had to use the small towells to mop up. Having returned home and looked at the website, I see we should have had robes, no sign of them. Added to all this, our room was close to the function room, so was very noisy when we went to bed. This continuted to around 1 am. Our conclusion was that had we known what we know now, we would have got a taxi home. Really very disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Julian G, Manager at Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
I thank the guest concerned for the positive comments on the wedding that they attended at Hotel and the constructive comments regarding the lighting and shower problems in the room.

While there is a window with a desk and chair one one side of the room, we cannot really move the small table around. The shower we have had a look at and the screen has been repaired.

As the guest was part of the wedding we allocate rooms for the party nearer to the function room and this was made clear to them on their reservation confirmation sent to them, along with a mention of credit charging.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

My partner and I needed to stay in this area and when we saw a travel zoo deal at this hotel thought it ticked all the boxes until we read some of the reviews. They seemed to be like marmite, you either love it or hate it. What confused me was if the hotel is this poor why would you visit on 3 separate occasions if you felt you smelt each times you left? Surely once would be enough? I decided to ignore the reviews and try it for myself and glad that I did. On arrival my first impression was better than expected. The staff from reception to cleaning, to restaurant were all very friendly and seemed that nothing was too much trouble for them and all were very polite. The room was on the first floor and opposite a busy road. I did expect the cars etc. to keep me awake at night but never heard any noise at all. The room was very clean, welcoming and warm. The bed was very comfortable and we had a good nights sleep. The restaurant décor was very nice and I felt there was a good choice to choose from even on the Sunday carvery. I had the goats cheese, followed by chicken with winter veg and crème brulee. I thoroughly enjoyed everything I ate. I felt the service was good and you never had to wait long. Breakfast there was a good selection of fresh fruit, cheese, meats to choose from. I opted for eggs and bacon and all tasted lovely and cooked well. There is nothing about the stay I can say anything negative about. If I stayed in the area again, then I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the hotel in the annex, so cant review what the rooms are like in the blocks.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jav66
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Stoke Place
Burnham Beeches Hotel
Burnham Beeches Hotel
#2 of 3 in Burnham
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor

Been to Pinewood Hotel? Share your experiences!