“unsure then read on”
Review of Pinewood Hotel

Pinewood Hotel
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My partner and I needed to stay in this area and when we saw a travel zoo deal at this hotel thought it ticked all the boxes until we read some of the reviews. They seemed to be like marmite, you either love it or hate it. What confused me was if the hotel is this poor why would you visit on 3 separate occasions if you felt you smelt each times you left? Surely once would be enough? I decided to ignore the reviews and try it for myself and glad that I did. On arrival my first impression was better than expected. The staff from reception to cleaning, to restaurant were all very friendly and seemed that nothing was too much trouble for them and all were very polite. The room was on the first floor and opposite a busy road. I did expect the cars etc. to keep me awake at night but never heard any noise at all. The room was very clean, welcoming and warm. The bed was very comfortable and we had a good nights sleep. The restaurant décor was very nice and I felt there was a good choice to choose from even on the Sunday carvery. I had the goats cheese, followed by chicken with winter veg and crème brulee. I thoroughly enjoyed everything I ate. I felt the service was good and you never had to wait long. Breakfast there was a good selection of fresh fruit, cheese, meats to choose from. I opted for eggs and bacon and all tasted lovely and cooked well. There is nothing about the stay I can say anything negative about. If I stayed in the area again, then I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the hotel in the annex, so cant review what the rooms are like in the blocks.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jav66

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

We didn't stay but have eaten in the restaurant for a Sunday roast twice.
Absolutely beautiful roast, as good as a home one (something I say rarely). Beautiful roasties, lovely veg and roast beef, perfect yorkies. Just the scrummiest nicest gravy. Staff couldn't be more helpful and happy.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Worst mistake I made was booking my wedding der!!!!!! Wedding co ordinator could Mk it n the manager had no respect of informing me kept saying she was gonna come in and 2 hrs before my ceremony I was told she's not coming in!!!!
Den I had to share my welcoming reception bit wid strangers from the hotel eating der foood I am still very upset up until this day!!!!food was great!!!
My favours was put some where by one if the staff n the evening guess didn't get any a yr is approaching n the hotel hasn't bothered to post !!!!!!!
So many negatives I have about my wedding day!!!!!!
Oh n I still av my bouquet coz no one told me wen to throw it hence if the co ordinator was der I wouldn't still av it!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

The best thing about the hotel is its close proximity to main roads and Pinewood studio. This must be why they are still in business. The bathroom wasn't clean, the bedsheets seemed clean enough but the walls were marked and grubby with old marks surrounding light switches. We couldn't wait to get away from the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed at the Pinewood Park Hotel, Slough from 10-12 Jan 14 as my husband had an operation at the Wexham Park Hospital, which was 2 mins by car on the same road!

The hotel had everything I like in a hotel. The Manager and staff were very nice and accommodating.

Breakfast and food very good. The room we stayed in was clean, had an iron and ironing board, extra pillows in the wardrobe, plenty of sockets, shower mat (which is usually never available in other hotels), nice biscuits, tea, coffee and chocolate drink. Usual complimentary bathroom shampoo etc, sewing kit. Plenty of parking space.

If you are visiting Windsor, which is approx 20 mins away, I would definitely recommend this hotel. We paid £79 per room with breakfast. Look it up on the web see what you think!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Karen Q
Reviewed January 12, 2014

It feels like I am spending more time here than at my home at the moment, having just spent another week here. It's an easy hotel to stay at, and the hotel team work hard to make sure you are comfortable as quickly as possible. From the warmth of the reception team, the absolute care of the restaurant team, and diligence of the conference team, the attention of the cleaners and maintenance team, you couldn't ask for more. It feels very personal, and the team smile warmly and are always ready to help.

I've found the food generally great - good variance on the menu. We have a number of participants each day, and the menu always goes down well, and fresh fruit and veggies are always available - yippee!

Some of the rooms are cosy, and these are great for short stays - I have found this a little challenging for a four night stay, but I guess this is the single room booking. I've always found my room clean and fresh.

Location is great, parking is easy, and I would highly recommend a stay here if you want to be well looked after and sleep well. I'm heading there again tonight for the week, and can honestly say I'm looking forward to it! Thank you Pinewood team.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank carolinejh1
Reviewed January 11, 2014

“Kind delightful and helpful staff.”
5 of 5 starsReviewed
What separates this hotel from other high class establishments is the quality of the staff. We recently spent a week there and were delighted with the care, attention and plain good manners shown to us, especially as neither of us were very well.
It may lack the glitz of a modern boutique hotel but it more than compensates with its warm and homely welcome.
It is a pleasure to be looked after by such delightful people.
We will definitly return.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank black27
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Stoke Place
Grovefield House
Grovefield House
#1 of 3 in Burnham
Premier Inn Uxbridge Hotel

Been to Pinewood Hotel? Share your experiences!