Pinewood Hotel
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
$68
$65
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor(Slough)(Great Value!)
$87
$82
$36
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Slough Hotel(Slough)(Great Value!)
$64
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow T5(Colnbrook)(Great Value!)
$70
Travelocity
Travelodge Slough(Slough)(Great Value!)
$45
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
$58
PremierInn.com
All reviewseden restaurantwedding venuefunction roomchristmas partyfollowing morningvery pleasant stayfamily roomcooked breakfastbreakfast was excellentan overnight staycomfy bedstayed here for one nighttea and coffeewindsorheathrowironlegoland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My wife and I booked this hotel primarily for it's close proximity to Pinewood Studios, where we attended a recording of a new BBC2 sit-com. We were happy with the 'Booking.com' B&B price, other than that we had modest expectation.
The welcome was professional and efficient and we were immediately offered an upgrade to a 'suite' for £10 (apparently worth £40). I'm not sure of the official definition of a suite, but in this case it's a bigger room with a sofa in it. The "newly refurbished" suite was located in a separate annexe and was very nice but had a damp/ musty smell, which we brought to the duty manager's attention, and he responded immediately and without fuss by showing us to another 'executive suite' which was great and smelled fresh and dry.
There was a 2 for 1 deal on pizzas in the restaurant, so we availed ourselves of that, and very nice it was too.... as we were leaving the restaurant, the duty manager came up to us and explained that there was a function on that evening and our room was adjacent and may be subject to some noise. He offered to move us to one of the honeymoon suites, which were out of earshot of the noisy function room and gave us the choice of two rooms. Not only that but he knocked off the £10 upgrade fee for the inconvenience!!
The inclusive full English breakfast was freshly prepared and excellent.
The rooms are warm, comfortable and well appointed, but fall short
Great staff attitude, and attentive, accommodating service, let down a little by the standard of finish in the rooms and noisy functions.

Room Tip: Check if any functions on... If so ask for a room remote from the function room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1webster, General Manager at Pinewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

BernieJmold

Thanks for making those points to us, and it comes across in your review that the member of staff was well meaning. He did forget that there would be a function later that night and once he realised quickly moved you again and apologised.

I see you were staying here for a show at Pinewood Studios, I would recommend anyone to register with the free ticket company 'Applause Store' where you can get tickets to live or recorded TV shows. This is the only public access to Pinewood Film Studios.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Very comfy bed, clean and quiet room for a busy road, so a good night's sleep is assured as long as there is not a function on, as there will inevitably be some high-spirited inebriated folk staying there overnight going backwards and forwards. Also the outside door to the annex with the rooms did not close properly so the noisy rabble from outside carries through until the smokers have coughed their last.
However the bathroom is COLD - we had a wetroom with no shower screen or curtain and no discernable heat source, so as soon as you have had a shower you have to put your shoes on to wash your teeth or go to the loo in order to keep your feet and socks dry.
The restaurant is perfectly adequate for an overnight business stay, but not where you would choose to have an important business or romantic dinner.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SimonGGB
1webster, General Manager at Pinewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear SimonGGB

Thank you for writing your thoughts in the review for us. It is good to have the feedback, which sometimes we only realise if a customer tells us - so we will get that banging door fixed right away!)
I would love for you to try us again in the future if you are returning to the area. Get in touch directly with me so I can over see you stay.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Visited the Hotel for a Sunday Lunch with both sides of the family for a family meet & greet before our wedding at the Venue in March, food was delicious, catered for my mother no problem who requires gluten free foods, service was very good with the waitress being very good with the 2 children present. If you enjoy eating a roast on a Sunday then look no further, 3 courses for £15 and the food is delicious, the only downside was the level of noise my 2 year old made but the staff and other customers were very understanding of his high pitch screams followed by laughter

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Brian D

Thank you for writing about your Sunday Lunch here. And don't worry about bringing children, after all - Sunday is family time.

We are building up quite a busy trade for Sunday Lunches, as we offer 3 courses under £15, and all fresh food, home made food too.

See you soon at the wedding!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night in December 2012. The room was comfortable, clean and reasonably well equipped. The shower had a good amount of pressure, although it was those annoying mixer taps, which took a while to get the temperature right. The hotel is starting to look a little bit tired, although generally the standard is good compared to most business hotels.

I paid £89 via Expedia (no breakfast) and I feel that this was good value for money. If I had paid the full web-site price, then I would have felt that this would have been too much. The hotel is not walking distance to any pubs, restaurants, etc, although its just a short drive from Windsor, Slough and Heathrow Airport.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Nick G

Dear Nick G

Thank you for writing a review of us recently. Glad you had a good stay, we are bit 'out of town' but we like to think this is an advantage to being in central Slough. There are 1 or 2 eateries within walking distance, but of course we like to recommend our own Eden Restaurant first!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

After careful consideration it was decided to have my mother's 70th birthday celebration at the Pinewood Hotel. My experience from start to finish was second to none. My initial contact was with Libby in bookings. She accommodated every change to the arrangements requested and could not do enough to assist. I was allowed to speak directly with the chef in order to accommodate all dietary needs. A screen and equipment for music were provided. On the day we were greeted by the manager, John and the staff. The room had been prepared and mirrored a wedding reception. It was superb. The politeness and assistance given to our party can not be expressed. Every wish was granted with ease. It would be fair to say that in my experience of this hotel was fantastic and I would not hesitate to visit the venue again. Many thanks to all of the staff.

Regards

Wendy

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Wendy R

Dear Wendy R

Thank you for the review. As I read through these recent reviews, what strikes me is that everyone is staying for widely different reasons. The challenge is trying to meet everyone's needs. So whether it is for a celebration, Legoland visit, conference, Christmas, or wedding, we do aim to please.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind Regards