“Management attitude more 'take it or leave it' than customer service”
Review of Creams Cafe

Creams Cafe
Ranked #3 of 3 Dessert in Slough
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Been three times now, though the last two were not out of choice. Creams charges 5-star prices but cuts corners and makes customers feel uneasy and restricted. The managers strut around almost arrogantly and rarely smile or speak to you genuinely. Everything is counted out and kept behind bars, even the forks. The menu is inflexible. Why pay over £60 for a family dessert occasion and not be feel the 5-star treatment? I'll be taking my custom elsewhere, that's for sure.

1  Thank ReverseSwinger

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

The ice cream and waffles here certainly are lovely but the service is a real let-down. We've been there three times and have encountered only one person who seems to have a customer service ethic but everyone else either hasn't had sufficient training or just doesn't care. The tables are often not cleaned properly with debris from previous occupies still there.

We do pop in here to satisfy our sweet tooth but wouldn't plan to go there or consider taking up their birthday party service.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

My wife warned me about going to this place. As i hadn't gone previously I was wanting to try this out. It's in a good place, with ample parking space, music playing like normal, good and roomy for families. However when i was ready to order at the desk, i was stood there for 3-4 minutes without being served. No one looked in my direction in order to acknowledge even though they were there. Finally manager came to the till, was brisk and rude and most importantly NO SMILE, NO WELCOME. Took the order and that's it.

Seating staff literally threw the menus on the table whilst walking, Very rude and unprofessional. Only person who acutally had a smile was a guy whom we told about our experience. He said the manager does not care and most people working had little experience.

Stay away from this place. There is a better and much more customer friendly place on the High Street in Slough. Manager needs to learn to respect his customers, listen to them and greet them with a smile. Only then will staff improve. I can't give 0 stars so have to give one!

Do not ruin your day/evening/night with a trip to this place.
This place needs either:
1) A new manager who knows customer management skills OR
2) The same manager to undertake customer service skills training

As a (way better) alternative, try Treatz on the High Street, or buy your own ice creams :)

2  Thank taiabriaz
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The instant I walked into this place I could tell I wasn't going to have a pleasant dining experience. The staff don't seem to have the correct training. There doesn't appear to be any method to the way they deal with large amounts of customers. The two older men whom I assume are the guys who have paid their money for this franchise are both unwelcoming, one moreso than the other. He bears a constant expression of annoyance, arrogance and unpleasant distane for his employees and customers alike.

He never looked me in the eyes, his demeanor was a fed up nonchalance, as if it were a great upheaval to serve me. He and the majority of his staff show little consideration or any customer service skills at all.

I witnessed countless food orders being sent back, people waiting ridiculous times for their food. ( on many occasions it had either been sent to the wrong table or they just forgot to make it).
My order was made incorrectly 3times. I ordered crepes which came with bananas nuts and ice cream and I added m&ms as an extra treat. I received waffles with the correct sides at first, then the crepes with just ice cream and m&ms. On the third try they only forgot the nuts so I admitted defeat and decided to eat what they had given me, but couldn't as they hadn't supplied me with any cutlery.

I swore I wouldn't go back there again but was dragged there by an ice cream craving girlfriend and I saw much of the same. I could rant about this place much more but I'm sure any decent diner can understand that I'm basically saying the place is a purple ice cream parlour of incompetence and disappointment.

If you enjoy a good atmosphere whilst you dine then don't go to creams, buying a 99 flake from the ice cream man and sitting on a bench at the Wentworth estate in britwell is an altogether much more pleasant experience.

4  Thank rob49815
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Really quirky place. Booth seating, eat in or take away.

Place your order at the till.

You can choose between sundades, waffles and crepes then choose your different toppings. My friend and I both has crepes and paid extra to change our ice creams to different flavours.

Its quick, we were in there less than half an hour. Parking outside.

Immense!