“Good Food finally”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Finding USA restaurants or food that is even close to the taste of home is really hard while you are visiting UK. This was a good restaurant and they take credit card woo hoo (Not chip and pin but the swipe) LOL

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I don't know how the owner acquired a restaurant, further more, managed to stay open for this long?!! I live quite close to this poor excuse of a restaurant. One night, as avid Thai food eaters, we decided to have a takeaway. I walked in, ordered spring rolls, tom yam goong soup, pad thai, thai red curry and some rice. The bill came up to I think £47. I waited. The food was quite quick. Alarm bells, I thought but I ignored my sixth sense! Got home, excited, opened up spring rolls, not bad, freshly fried. Yum. Then Tom yam soup, Luke warm, dull yellow cloudy soup,wilted slimy spring onions and rubbery prawns. Clearly not fresh. But, put that aside, and looked forward to the main. Noodles, same thing, wilted vegetables, slimy spring onions, Luke warm again. Same thing with the thai red curry. We were very dissapointed. I packed it all up and took it back to the restaurant, dissapointed and feeling cheated. I spoke to the lady at the bar about what I encountered and told her the food wasn't fresh and asked for a refund. What happened after shocked me. The waitress argued with me saying we've eaten some of it that I can't get a refund as they can't re-sell it?!. I pointed out we tried out the food, could taste it wasn't fresh, hence me being back there half an hour later. She started talking in thai? Clearly talking about me as the restaurant was empty! I told the gutless woman to speak in English to me so I can understand and reply, I told her she isn't the only person in this women who can speak another language. I'm indian. To that she went quiet. At this point I was spitting bullets and asked for the manager. An Asian man popped out, he immediately had his back up and told me the food was freshly made, that I wouldn't know as this is probably my first thai experience! I laughed and told him of my travels and experience in thai cooking. If anything, he doesn't have clue!! With that he agreed to refund what I'd brought back, fair enough. As I left, the rude waitress started in her native language again. Sorry but I couldn't help it but I had to argue back, the restaurant was empty, that's probably why she piped up, I put her in her place before I left. The cheek!! They are rude, every time I walk past, it's ALWAYS empty, with the odd couple eating now and then. I've eaten there twice, both times, the food was excellent, authentic and fresh, but it seems to have changed hands. The food is nowhere the same. I have never been back, and really can't understand how they are still open.

1  Thank SonHodgy
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Myself and my husband have been coming to this family run restaurant for years. Always consistent, and always very tasty and very good value for money. We had tried many Thai restaurants locally but none of them came anywhere near this one. That is why we are so very sad that after so many years they have now ceased business. We always wondered why they never did better, was it the location at the end of Slough High Street, not enough advertising? It certainly deserved much better recognition than it had. We certainly will miss it so very much and wish the family all the very best in whatever they do in the future. Slough High Street have lost yet another fabulous establishment and will not be the same without the 2 elephants outside it. Please don't let it be another chicken shop or pound shop.

5  Thank nabeela p
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Its the only Thai restaurant in walking distance for me, so I visit occasionally.
I've been caught out in the past by it closing at weird times - I think if nobody is there they just shut early.
The food there is generally good, but the service is a bit sloppy - you don't really feel that you are being looked after - you have to attract their attention to get anything.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

One of the best value restaurants in Slough, for my mind this is my "go-to" place when I want something hot and tasty. My youngest daughter and I go here whenever she's in town.

The staff are great people, very friendly who are completely open to making your food the way you want it - any of the dishes can be turned up or down in spice level, certain ingredients cut out or whatever you want. As a newly diagnosed diabetic, they know to not add any sugar to my dishes, something no other place I can think of will do.

Other people here seem to have had problems with the staff - every time I've been (and I've been a lot over the past eleven years) being friendly to them has rewarded me with excellent attention but also time and privacy enough to enjoy the food; something they do strive for.

Every dish I've tried has been an excellent man-sized portion, good and hot, and as tasty as you could possibly want. My favourite is the chicken with Thai basil and chili; the lady owner imports the basil directly from Thailand and it really shows, the taste is exceptional.

The mixed starters are varied and every one is delicious, and the newly-expanded dessert menu is very welcome - although the banana fritters with ice cream are still my daughter's favourite!

At £6.55 for two courses, this really is an absolute bargain. Go in, admire the beautiful decor and the amazing tables, and get some great food.

1  Thank TankDaVinci