This review is based on a series of stays at the Slough Premier inn over the past year, for business.
First the positives:
- Excellent, well-managed staff who seem to be able to provide the personal touch despite having to adhere to the "premier inn "process". Nice to be remembered when you return.
- A comprehensive dinner menu which, while not winning any gourmet awards, provides filling, tasty meals at the end of a working day.
- Great "all you can eat" breakfast.
- Spacious rooms and comfortable beds.
Now the "could do better"s:
- The hotel is in a very noisy location, on the corner of two busy main roads and next to a Sainsbury's with ventilation fans that run 24 hours a day. Not the hotel's fault, I know, and it does have soundproofed windows, but it gets very hot in the summer and the air conditioning in the rooms is noisy and unreliable.
- The rooms are getting a little "tired". Air con and plumbing in particular could do with a re-vamp.
- Parking is limited for the hotel's size. Not normally a problem for me as I mostly use public transport or walk.
Overall, the main reason I stay here is the fact that it is walking distance to the client I come to visit. However, the hotel is good enough to keep me coming back. It is expensive for the type of hotel it is, but I think this may be due to the fact that it is near Heathrow and Legoland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coaches used to stop off on their way from Bath to London at Slough. And Premier Inn really is the perfect place to break the journey. Minutes away from the motorway network and Slough train station, you can zoom into London, or scoot around the sights nearby. Which royal residence would you like to visit? In under an hour you're in Paddington, with Buckingham Palace just up the road. But Windsor is even closer, and there's Legoland too. Wherever you're headed, return to your own palace here at Slough, with comfy beds and a Thyme restaurant too. Directions: From M4 jct 5 follow A4 towards Slough/Langly for approx 3 miles. At next roundabout exit onto A412 Uxbridge Road. Continue past Hotel for 150 metres, turn right at traffic lights, rejoin carriageway. The hotel is then 150 metres back on the left. sat nav post code SL1 1SG. Parking at this hotel Is charged at 4 GBP per night. Transport and local information: Windsor Castle & Eton College Legoland & Thorpe Park Theme Parks Chessington, Ascot and Twickenham Slough Train Station 0.5 mile Heathrow Airport 10 miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Slough Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Slough Hotel Slough
- Slough Premier Inn