“Great People, Excellent Location but Noisy” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Slough Hotel
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Tain, Ross-shire
“Great People, Excellent Location but Noisy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

This review is based on a series of stays at the Slough Premier inn over the past year, for business.

First the positives:

- Excellent, well-managed staff who seem to be able to provide the personal touch despite having to adhere to the "premier inn "process". Nice to be remembered when you return.

- A comprehensive dinner menu which, while not winning any gourmet awards, provides filling, tasty meals at the end of a working day.

- Great "all you can eat" breakfast.

- Spacious rooms and comfortable beds.

Now the "could do better"s:

- The hotel is in a very noisy location, on the corner of two busy main roads and next to a Sainsbury's with ventilation fans that run 24 hours a day. Not the hotel's fault, I know, and it does have soundproofed windows, but it gets very hot in the summer and the air conditioning in the rooms is noisy and unreliable.

- The rooms are getting a little "tired". Air con and plumbing in particular could do with a re-vamp.

- Parking is limited for the hotel's size. Not normally a problem for me as I mostly use public transport or walk.

Overall, the main reason I stay here is the fact that it is walking distance to the client I come to visit. However, the hotel is good enough to keep me coming back. It is expensive for the type of hotel it is, but I think this may be due to the fact that it is near Heathrow and Legoland.

Room Tip: Aim for the top floor, to avoid noise from guests walking about above you.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dan W, Manager at Premier Inn Slough Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for your kind feedback.

We are currently going through an extension and later a refurbishment where we are looking at all the points that you had mentioned, especially our air conditioning units. We do have certain rooms away from the road so please, next time you come and stay with us, let us know beforehand and we would be very pleased to allocate you a bedroom away from the road.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Kind Regards,
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Potters Bar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Everything was so perfect, I had a really good sleep. The hotel was quiet, room was clean and the place is in good distance from the train station. I recommend to everyone this hotel. Prices also good.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your kind review.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and yes, we are close to the train station which is of great benefit if you wish to visit London.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Arrived late evening and received a friendly welcome. Room was clean, bed was clean and comfortable and had a good nights sleep. Breakfast was first class. Couldn't fault the place, got it cheap because I booked a week in advance. It was cheaper than anywhere else nearby and, unlike the premier inn, you had to pay extra for parking. Good nights sleep at a bargain price!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We are so pleased to hear your fantastic feedback.

Thank you so much.

We look forward to welcoming you back once our extension is complete.

Kind Regards,
Truro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

I have stayed at the Slough Premier Inn on a number of occasions when traveling from Heathrow terminal 5, or when meeting travellers. It is easy to find and only 15 minutes from the airport and not as expensive as the one on Bath Road. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the restaurant and bar are really good. Also free parking on site and a Sainsburys on the corner.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind comments here on Trip Advisor.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

Having stayed at this hotel previously and been pleased, I was very disappointed to say that, despite the extreme helpfulness and pleasantness of the staff, things are definitely going down hill and I probably won't stay again. The rooms are showing their age but breakfast was a huge disappointment. Despite the leaflets and email spam about their wonderful breakfast, having paid £18.00 for two of us, by 9am they had completely run out of bacon and the Costa coffee machine remained broken in the corner (and had been for over a week). The toaster took three goes at turning the bread from white to a slight tinge of brown. This may sound a little picky but for half that price you would get much better from the cafe down the road.

This may sound picky but when you pay that much

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room or you may get the ones above the kitchen where the hovercraft type extraction...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dan W, Manager at Premier Inn Slough Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor.

I am so sorry to hear about your disappointing experience whilst having breakfast.

Our coffee machine was awaiting fixing by a technician. A call out had been logged. Our bacon is proven to be popular and on this occasion we had a very breakfast morning and had run out of bacon - for that we apologise.

We have had a look at the toaster and the toaster has a small dial on there which can be adjusted to adjust temperatures.

Once again, it is not our normal standards and we do apologise for the shortcomings.

We hope that this does not detract you from visiting Slough Premier Inn in the future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Booked online for a stopover during a long journey. Took ages to find the hotel but it is not where the Premier Inn mobile app says it is. Reception area OK but the rest of the hotel is pretty shabby. Room was cold and smelled stale, and faced a noisy road. Only a plug-in radiator for heating which had us roasted alive by 2am. Frowsty bathroom with peeling vinyl and dreadful paintwork. On the positive side, good breakfast and very nice staff but until the hotel itself is brought up to scratch, wouldn't recommend it. In fairness to Premier Inn we complained and received a refund.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the dual carriageway
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sleepy75
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Slough Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are however, pleased to learn that you were refunded in line with our Good Night Guarantee. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Thank you once again for your review.
Manchester
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

I will not be staying at this hotel again. Very unhappy it took me 10 minutes to get my car parked when I arrived and the site resembled a building site with rubbish littered around. Room was as I would expect satisfactory although there was no toilet roll bar on the holder. My main reason for complaint is that I went to the restaurant for my evening meal. I ordered Lasagne and after waiting for over 35 minutes I still had not received my meal. ( I did watched the gentleman opposite me order after me and receive and finish his starter and main courses) I asked the waitress about my meal she then went away to find out what had happened she continued to serve other people before coming to me and saying that she was sorry but my meal was being prepared. 5 minutes later my meal arrived this Lasagne had a smattering of mince meat covered with a single pasta sheet and covered with cream sauce accompanied by about 10 chips. It was pathetic and not what I have received at other restaurants at your hotels. This was not worth the money paid. Then after my meal I went to the toilet next to reception this toilet resembled a swimming pool with one of the urinals leaking and the floor was deep in water and stank. In the morning I came down for breakfast to be advised that the costa coffee machine is not working. All in all a very disappointing experience and one I will not be repeating

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Geoffh1969
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Slough Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Express Slough
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Windsor
Macdonald Windsor Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Slough Hotel? Share your experiences!